Looking for ~£100 1080p monitor

G

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a full 1080p,1920x1080 moniter. Not too fussy about the size, probably about 20"-24".
I will mostly be using it for fps gaming so the faster the response time the better.
I have around a £100 budget but I'm willing to spend up to £150 if it makes a big performance difference - I realise its hard to get good 1080p monitors under £150 but as always, the cheaper the better.
It doesn't need amazing viewing angles, obviously it would be nice but I think the most important thing is response time and clarity.
As you can probably tell I don't really know anything about moniters so any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Reuben

Solution
5ms overall is just decent speed. You won't notice any sort of input lag unless you're some hardcore professional... Counter Strike player.

See if you can find this model:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor
Total: £0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-04 00:31 BST+0100

Awesome monitor with good image quality. Glossy screen though, maybe you prefer matte.

LazerTechX

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) would be a good bet, 1080p, 24 inches, 1ms response time and 75hz refresh rate. or the Asus VG248QE 24-Inch LED-Lit Monitor but on the more expensive side of $274.99 but what you get is the same 1ms response time but with a higher refresh rate of 144hz.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

The monitor is indeed fast but typically, the image quality of it is quite poor.

That's the sacrifice you make for fast response time at that budget.

G

Come to think of it, I don't think response time/refresh rate is that important to me. Is there any sort of middle ground - a good looking monitor but still with decent decent speed?

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
5ms overall is just decent speed. You won't notice any sort of input lag unless you're some hardcore professional... Counter Strike player.

See if you can find this model:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor
Total: £0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-04 00:31 BST+0100

Awesome monitor with good image quality. Glossy screen though, maybe you prefer matte.

Solution
G

Haha, I do play counter-strike, although no way near a professional level, I imagine that's what I will be using the monitor for most. Still, I think I value image quality higher than a ridiculous response time so I'm sure 5ms will be fine. The cheapest I could find that Acer model from the UK was £160 which is a little above my price range. Do you have any other recommendations? Thanks for your help so far :)