300$ GPU Budget for Pre-built System Advice Please!

Dubyap

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
Hi All,

First time poster, long time lurker. Thanks in advance to any and all kind fellows whom aid me in my quest.

Bear with me, im not as educated on PC hardware as id like to be yet. I recently purchased the CX750W PSU with the intent of upgrading my GPU. I purchased the r7250 just after Christmas like a goomba, I should have waited, did more research and saved my money for something worthwhile. While i did see a noticeable upgrade from the integrated APU graphics, my expectations were much higher than the results i saw.

Im looking to spend around $300, and hoping with that budget i can acquire a card that will allow me to play games like NBA2k15, Darksouls 2, ROK, at high-ultra settings at a 1080p resolution.

CPU: AMD APU A8 6500
GPU: Diamond R7 250 OC 1GB DDR5
PSU: Corsair CX750W
RAM: 6GB
Display: Samsung S24D360 1080p

*** If you guys need additional system info please let me know. I appreciate all the help!!

I'm looking to spend around $300, and im hoping with that budget i can acquire a card that will allow me to play games like NBA2k15, Darksouls 2, ROK, at high-ultra settings at a 1080p resolution.

1. is this possible with my budget?
2. are there certain components in my system that will not allow what i seek?
3. I'm looking for this upgrade to last for a solid 2 years, is this plausible?
4. I may give in and purchase a new case, however bonus points if you can suggest a card that is not a real honker, as i currently have some space restrictions.

Solution

AdviserKulikov

Honorable
Jan 13, 2015
Solution