FX 6300 3.5ghz core speed really unstable.

chapstick2k12

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Im not a big expert when it comes to computers , but when i play games on high resolution there is like some sort of lag input like mouselag is choppy but the thing is i have really high fps for example in csgo i get 200 fps on 1020x1280 but is really choppy im forced to play in a lower resolution, and same thing with cod4 using 250 fps on 1080p , and bf4 i get massive lag input, I was thinking maybe it had to do with my CPU, i checked the core speed with cpu-z and i notice the core speed is jumping from 1503 to 3808hz . I havent overclocked the cpu it has factory settings , Do you guys know if there is a fix for the core speed to be stable or is this normal? and does it have to do with my lag in high resolutions?

Specs

FX -6300 3.5hz vishera
Zotac gtx 660 2GB
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
8gb ddr3 crucial x (also my dram freq is only 803.5mhz
PSU corsair 500w nonmodular
and a really old HDD 450gb
logitech mouse g402
23 inch monitor.

Solution
Actually, for the 780 chipset, that's a tier 1 board. It's perfectly fine for FX 6 core without overclocking. Use with FX 8 or overclocking of FX 6 isn't recommended, but otherwise it's perfectly fine. It's not a throttling issue. It's normal function when cool n quiet is enabled and the processor performance profile isn't set to 100% on both min and max in the advanced power options settings.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2384030/motherboard-tier-list-am3-chipsets.html
That's a normal effect of Cool N Quiet and power saving features of the chip. If you want to normalize the CPU ratior and voltage, go into the BIOS and disable Cool and Quiet, then go into the Control panel power options and set it to high performance.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
You are experiencing throttling which is normal when you use FX cpus on cheap 780 series motherboards. The motherboard is terrible and cannot allow the FX to run at 100%. The only fix is to get better parts. Your psu is not good either and doesn't help things when it comes to throttling. Do not bother overclocking because you will only make things worse.

Actually, for the 780 chipset, that's a tier 1 board. It's perfectly fine for FX 6 core without overclocking. Use with FX 8 or overclocking of FX 6 isn't recommended, but otherwise it's perfectly fine. It's not a throttling issue. It's normal function when cool n quiet is enabled and the processor performance profile isn't set to 100% on both min and max in the advanced power options settings.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2384030/motherboard-tier-list-am3-chipsets.html

Solution

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Actually, for the 780 chipset, that's a tier 1 board. It's perfectly fine for FX 6 core without overclocking. Use with FX 8 or overclocking of FX 6 isn't recommended, but otherwise it's perfectly fine.

Yeah I've seen that list, but I've also seen too may times in person and/or on this site where that specific motherboard had seriously bottlenecked a FX6300.

st3v30

Admirable
That motherboard is only one in 760G chipset to hold FX6300,so she isn't problem.You can try to update BIOS if you haven't to get all fixes and system stability.Also you can do some light OC on that mobo.
Go into BIOS turn off Turbo Technology Set CPU Multiplier 19,5 .CPU Voltage can be on Auto or If you want to set Manual get it to 1.2150V and you will have better and more stable OC with lower temps then you have now with Turbo technology. Also before before OC reset BIOS to Default/Optimized setting Save,Restart PC and get back into BIOS for OC.

He's not trying to overclock. He's just trying to stabilize the stock ratio so his performance and frame rates aren't all over the place. Doing what I said, disable Cool N Quiet and set the power profile to performance will lock the chip to it's maximum stock frequency and stop the ratio from jumping around.

If you want the max stock settings fully stabilized, at maximum performance, there is no reason for Cool N Quiet to be enabled. It's standard procedure, for most OC'ers anyhow, to disable it for a manual overclock, and locking it at it's max stock speed should be no different. If you want maximum performance with no variance, it's unnecessary for it to be enabled. Systems do a lot of things we don't want them to, for a reason, but that never stops us from bending them to our will. As long as you keep an eye on temps for the first few sessions and then at least occasionally later on, to ensure there is no thermal issues, there is no reason for it to be enabled. It's not there as a thermal solution, it's there as a power saving feature, lower core temps are just an additional beneficial side effect for systems that DON'T want or need the steady state.