That Which Betrays

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015
My specs:
Gigabyte z97 ud3h mb
i7-4790k @ 4ghz
1 tb hdd
Corsair rm1000w psy

OK, so anyone who knows me knows that I cant enjoy any game whatsoever if the graphics arent maxed out, and the 900 series suprisingly didnt meet my expectations. It seems like the 970, 980 and even 970 sli cant seem to maintain 60 fps at all on shadow or mordor and especially DA inquisition maxed out, including AA. Due by the multiple problems and headaches I had during my time with
the 970 sli, I dont plan to sli 980s and go through that again. Im currently graphicscardless since I sold all three of those cards and have enought to buy a single, beefy gpu, in this case the titan series or the 780ti. Basically, I want a gpu that can max out any game and maintain 60fps at all times, except on games poorly optimized of course (ahem ACU), especially on games for this generation on my 2 1080p monitors. I dont plan to go further than 1080 res since those higher than 1080p eats up frames and you can only see a real difference between 1080 to 4k if u look at your monitors closely, or so Im told. For a gamer like me, which is the best gpu? 780 ti superclocked, titan black or wait till the titan x gets restocked? Heres what I know anout vram, and correct me if Im wrong:
-More monitors=more vram requirement
-Higher res than 1080p also requires more vram
And thats it. Just threw that out there so u guys csn know whats best for me, 3gb for 780, 6 for titan black or 12?

ZeusGamer

Admirable
Well, you already know that the GTX 980 can't keep a 60 FPS with Shadow of Mordor. What makes you think that the 780ti can? GTX 980 is a little bit faster than the GTX 780ti. SO if you really want to max out every game possible and sustain a 60 FPS, then you should definitely go for GTX Titan X. If you want a little cheaper alternative, you can go with R9 295 X2.

If a 980 SLI is out of the question due to multi-gpu drawbacks, then the 295x2 is no better.

I think the issue is he has an unreasonable desire to "maxout, including AA" all his games. A Titan X is the fastest current single GPU, but even that may not max out these games, and it might be your CPU that is not fast enough to always maintain 60 FPS. It may be an i7, but all CPU's run into occasional bottlenecks when you have high expectations.