600 Watt PSU is enough for Sapphire R9 280?

Yes. My PSU is the Corsair 600 watt and runs the r9 270x fine and the wattage is mainly the same for graphics cards.

- Sam

XxMongermaniacxX

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
Yes. It will have no problem. your system is probably running around 450 watts without overclocking. If you overclock your cpu and gpu you will still have a little bit of headroom wattage. I would definitely sell that power supply and get either a corsair, or evga. hope this helps!

TNT27

Distinguished
if you do get a new psu, get any 550+ wattage from Antec/Seasonic/XFX/Evga b2/g series/SuperFlower/Rosewill capstone series/ some higher end corsair units like AX series

These are all great quality psu, and will last you long time, plenty of wattage for most any single gpu setup, with plenty of room for oc too.

kortok

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015

I can't buy new PSU now. If i buy it, i can't buy this GPU. Anyway, i don't think to overclock R9 280 because GPU's cooling system is not enough. And also it has high temp.

Well I'd start saving after you get your GPU and get something like a CX600M by corsair, nice n' cheap at £63. Your current PSU should be OK for now.

- Sam

TNT27

Distinguished
if you get a r9 280, do NOT get reference!!!! get any from xfx/asus/gigabyte/powercooler/sapphire/etc. As long as it has a cooler on it. And it will run very cool, and will allow for decent oc, will be a lot quieter too.

TNT27

Distinguished

You can find a Much better quality psu, for even cheaper than that crap.
CX isnt much better than what hes got now.

Jeez, sorry. aha

TNT27

Distinguished

Sorry for being so blunt, Ive just had many horrible experinces with the CX series. Very poor quality, and thats not just my opinion.

kortok

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015

I'll buy Sapphire dual-x r9 280 3gb but people say it's too noisy and high temp :)

960 GTX is much higher price than Sapphire 980 in my country. I know it uses less power and quiet but it's performance is lower than R9 280 in many game tests.

If there is no problem in GTX 970, i'll buy it definitely. But now i'm buying this card for a while. Because my ex card(MSI 560 ti hawk - has horizontal green lines on screen) is broken so i must buy new card.

TNT27

Distinguished

The people trying to tell you the Sapphire r9 280 is noisy and a heater are just die hard Nvidia fanbois who have never owned amd in their life.

Sapphire is debatably the best for amd cards, r9 280 does do better in some games than the gtx 960, and more frequently in recent games, that extra gig of vram is to thank.

You will be happy with it, however that psu i wouldn't trust for long, its low quality and probably will fail you sooner than later, potentially taking other components with it.

kortok

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015

When i bought this pc, people recommended me to buy Cooler Master 650W. But it exploded after 7-8 months later :) Now i have used this PSU for 2.5-3 years and no problem. I think it's related with being lucky :)

http://www.pckoloji.com.tr/wp-content/uploads/cooler-master-gx-bronze-650w-guc-kaynagi-55833.jpg

TRENDING THREADS