i3 2100 with gigabyte gtx 970 g1 gaming bottleneck?

Solution
Use a program like MSI afterburner to display your CPU and GPU usage ingame. If your CPU is constantly on 100% and your GPU usage is low, you have a CPU bottleneck. (Make sure vsync if off so your GPU can reach max performance). If one percentage is not significantly higher than the other, then you don't have a bottleneck.

Shorty06

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Use a program like MSI afterburner to display your CPU and GPU usage ingame. If your CPU is constantly on 100% and your GPU usage is low, you have a CPU bottleneck. (Make sure vsync if off so your GPU can reach max performance). If one percentage is not significantly higher than the other, then you don't have a bottleneck.

Solution

Easy question for you, are you happy with your pc's performance?

DasHotShot

Honorable
It sounds like your 970 is used to casually walk to the shop to get milk and back.

You will not see any performance change in such light games.

Your card has the capability of running a marathon though and very quickly. The only time you will see better performance in games from it, will be when you play titles that are also cpu intensive like GTA 5 or Arma 3 or many 4x games.

So you need to know if you will play big AAA component busters or not. If not, there is no need for an upgrade.

magoman23

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015

I see.this agrees with a video of JayzTwoCents that i watch recently already tried it with my gts 450 looks good 99% usage gpu and cpu like 70%.I guess with that numbers maybe will bottleneck my new gtx 970 'll have to try ^^
Thankz bro