HD 5770 temp over 100 degrees!

Markidjani

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
Hello guys, after getting my new rig i gave the old one to my friend, he did a windows reinstal, got latest drivers and started playing Dota 2. He reported his graphic card reaching over 100 degrees during game play. He plays at 23 inch monitor (1680x1050) and he is using amd gaming evolve for optimization. Those temps seems unreal. Do u have any solution for this. Is it software or hardware problem. I cant tell the temps i had back then coz i dont remember but i doubt it was going any close.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I guess I'd have to see the screenshot of the pgm he's using and the reported temps. The card should shut down or at least throttle by the time 100C is reached. I assume you never had that kind of problem when you had the card. Maybe the card's fan isn't running?
Where did he find a 23" monitor in 1680x1050? I never knew anyone made 1050p panels in that size.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

My friend has had one for years, didn't think it was that strange.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

I guess the biggest 1680x1050 displays I've ever seen were 22". I've had 2 in the past. 23" seemed like an odd size for that panel. Not that it makes that much difference, was just curious.

Markidjani

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
Fans are spinning and he tried different apps and turning on v sync and problem still persist. He is going to try to change thermal paste. Temp is going like 46 degrees while normal tasking (fb and stuff like that) while room temp is around 23. Thats seems kinda high to me.

PapaWood

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
That temp for idle/ light usage doesn't really seem that bad, 100C sounds terrible like the screen would lock up or start to lock up, really reduced performance. Has he checked temps with another software yet?