€800 Gaming PC (I need help choosing parts)

neoxthedark

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015
Hi, I made a thread similar to this a while ago but the prices were nowhere near what they are here in the Netherlands. Basically, I want a PC with a GTX 970 (or a 960 with 4gb vram). My budget is 800 euros. Main thing I'll be doing on the PC is gaming. I want 8GB RAM and preferrably an intel processor (I'm open for AMD CPU builds too).

I'm planning on buying the parts this friday if that matters somehow.

This is just for the PC, I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse and a copy of Windows 7.

I live in the Netherlands, the prices here are quite high compared to countries like the US or Germany, so please try to add prices that are specific for the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance!

neoxthedark

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015

Preferrably mid tower, something that'll keep it cool. I honestly don't care about the appearance of the case.

neoxthedark

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015

I had a similar list in mind but it came out over 900 euros, and I just converted the price of your list and its about 950 euros here.

The motherboard is about 150 euros here, the graphics card doesn't go below 340 euros and the CPU is 186 euros. The memory is 75 euros, the case is around 50 euros, the HDD is 75 euros, the PSU is also 75 euros and the wireless adapter is 20 euros.

Isn't there a motherboard that's very cheap but will do with an i5 and a GTX 970 that'll bring the price down to around 800 euros? By the way, is an optical drive unnecessary? I'm asking this because you didn't include it in your build.

Thanks a lot for your help Cooper.

sudcell

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014

Optical drives, nowadays, are going out of most enthusiast's cases 'coz of reasons well known :p
With USB 3.0 , i don't think you need an optical drive :)

Cooper0408

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015

Here http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/vxqXGX I updated the build I did it now has a cheaper motherboard, and a optical drive isn't necessary if you have a usb flash drive.