i5 4440 vs i5 4590

sammy_07

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
which one should I pick.the price difference for those in my country is around $35-40.Is i5 4590 worth the extra money? I will mainly use the system for gaming.

DasHotShot

Honorable
The only argument for the more expensive CPU realistically is longevity. When the power starts to fade because demands are higher, it will have a small edge over the other one.

Realitically, the performance gained, versus money spent does not line up for gaming. So you can save the money and get an ssd or a bigger ssd which will be vastly more noticeable and appreciated

Montblanchill

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
The 4440 is one of the best 'bang for your buck' chips you can buy at the moment. The price vs performance is quite well balanced. As you start going higher into the i5 and i7 range you start to pay larger sums of money for smaller gains.

At the moment you'll see very little difference between those i5 models, and would most likely require them standing side by side to notice much of a real world difference. As others have mentioned, if a game is very demanding on the CPU then the small bump in clock speed may show you a few fps difference, but in the majority of cases you'd have a hard time even telling the two apart.

yeskay

Distinguished

For gaming, the performance will purely come down to what GPU you're going to pair with either 4440 or 4590. So I would suggest to get i5-4440. Invest that $40 difference in getting a nice GPU. Thats the smartest way to go.

Example:

- 4590 (invested more on CPU) paired with a GTX 760 (invested less on GPU) instead of 4440, you may see max 3-4 FPS difference.
- 4440 (invested less on CPU) paired with a GTX 970 (invested more on GPU) instead of 4590, you'll clearly see at least 15-20 FPS difference.

GTA V PC Benchmarks 1080p,Very High Graphics Settings:

4590 with GTX 760 Average 45 FPS
4440 with GTX 970 Average 60 FPS

As you could clearly see from the benchmarks that there is 15 FPS gain, if you get the second config. It's as simple as that.

Cheers!

There's not enough difference between these two to even be worthy of a conversation. Either will work fine, as I said before. Neither is going to "last" longer, they are the same family with a different base clock. Same chip. There's a 200mhz difference between the two. As mentioned, this probably isn't enough to justify one over the other and the extra forty bucks MIGHT just be enough to get you a better GPU that IS worth the extra money, so I'd think that would be the smart investment.

sammy_07

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
All right thanks everyone for replying.I ended up buying i5 4590.I found is $20 cheaper at some other shop.as for graphics card,I already have HD 7850 2 GB atm.will upgrade it later.

TRENDING THREADS