$1000 Gaming/Recording Build

JGunnzz

Honorable
Feb 4, 2015
Could someone give me a list of parts for the best possible $1000 build? I want to use it for gaming and recording. My wishes are that I want the case to be a NZXT h440, I'd prefer an Intel CPU, I'd like a semi-modular/modular power supply, m.2 capability, and sata 6gb/s a second would be nice. You do not need to include RAM or storage. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
It's totally fine to ask the forums for advice on these things, helps me pass time and helps people get their new computers :)

This would fit your needs quite well. i7 for hyperthreading used in your recording/video editing. GTX 970, great card and pretty good price. ASUS Z97-A is a great motherboard with the features you need and high quality parts. The EVGA B2 is a 80+ Bronze PSU, excellent quality, excellent price and 750W to support future SLI. Didn't know if you needed an OS, but if you do I can change things around again.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($326.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9...

Astralv

Distinguished
Why would you want somebody to give you a list? Finding parts at the best prices is the most fun part. Go to www.newegg.com and www.tigerdirect.com and sign up for e-mail offers. They will e-mail you everything you need at the best price. This way you will get a feel for what is a good price and what is not so good. Of the top of my head, Intel 4790K processor, Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500 Gb to boot, Seagate 2-4 Gb x 2 one for recording another for games. There is no list. Anything you pick will work. You have to develop your own understanding. I use Asus motherboards, Gigabyte is another good choice. Make sure you pick MoBo with many SATA/ M.2 Ports. I would not put gaming and recording in one system, unless you do dual boot...

JGunnzz

Honorable
Feb 4, 2015

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I'm sorry for not really explaining myself, I've built a computer before and have some knowledge of parts and brands but it's only really with budget stuff. I don't have much knowledge of the kinda higher end stuff. So I just wanted a list of good parts to kinda base my system off of, that's all. And the recording would be of just light games and for my friends and stuff. Sorry for the sort-of confusion.

Phil923

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2014
It's totally fine to ask the forums for advice on these things, helps me pass time and helps people get their new computers :)

This would fit your needs quite well. i7 for hyperthreading used in your recording/video editing. GTX 970, great card and pretty good price. ASUS Z97-A is a great motherboard with the features you need and high quality parts. The EVGA B2 is a 80+ Bronze PSU, excellent quality, excellent price and 750W to support future SLI. Didn't know if you needed an OS, but if you do I can change things around again.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($326.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($130.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card ($295.00 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($61.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $943.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-27 22:34 EDT-0400

Solution

Astralv

Distinguished
It is fine to ask, but it is more fun to hunt the parts. First time I built computer, I bought what ever was available that week. My consequent builds I took several months to buy parts- only when I see super deal. It is not hard to figure out the parts- they go by the price. Nobody will chase the parts for you. For example Samsung Evo 850 was $189 the other day and today it is $229. Unless you monitoring the market, you will not know about it.

By the way- after several builds with Asus I am looking in to other options due to severe issues with sleep/awake behavior, graphics card issue (I have Asus graphics as well) and its incompatibility with Customacs. But I would not advise on what brand to take. I did not listen and bought everything Asus, but many people like Gigabyte or MSI. Some like Intel 5820K processors... I saw 4790 with some game on New Egg today... The fun is to look for things and get rewarded.

JGunnzz

Honorable
Feb 4, 2015

Wow I'd actually picked the same CPU and board, but I picked a gtx 960 because I'm gonna need a copy of windows. I don't need a CPU cooler though. Thanks!