I need a $500-$600 gaming pc

bigjabbley

Reputable
May 4, 2015
Looking to build a new gaming pc specifically for csgo mine is very outdated. I do not need a monitor or keyboard or mouse. but i will need a copy of windows 7 or 8 included into the budget thanks for help in advance.

Solution

CPU + MB - B85 + Haswell Refresh CPU would need a BIOS update prior to use. Best to go with a Haswell CPU with that chipset, or switch to an H97 motherboard.
HD - That Seagate ES model is fairly slow. Best to avoid it.
GPU - The GTX 960 is a fine choice, however at the moment the R9 280 represents a better value without giving up any measurable performance.

Minor changes to get to...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($103.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($68.98 @...
[strike]This will serve you well:

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($93.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($64.98 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda ES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card ($173.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($51.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($19.75 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($86.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $626.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-04 10:18 EDT-0400[/strike]

edit

You can choose the parts I chose, however I recommend the setup sadams04 chose two posts down. It's only a bit more expensive and it will serve you well now, and even more so in the future. It has a more convenient motherboard with a newer chipset, and a superior GPU.

bigjabbley

Reputable
May 4, 2015
thanks for checking out my post Whateverworks_19, just curious tho with a micro motherboard wouldn't i need to get a mini case as well? or will these parts all work fine together? also open to others suggestions!!! thanks in advance.

CPU + MB - B85 + Haswell Refresh CPU would need a BIOS update prior to use. Best to go with a Haswell CPU with that chipset, or switch to an H97 motherboard.
HD - That Seagate ES model is fairly slow. Best to avoid it.
GPU - The GTX 960 is a fine choice, however at the moment the R9 280 represents a better value without giving up any measurable performance.

Minor changes to get to...

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($103.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($68.98 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.45 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($51.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($19.75 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($91.69 @ NCIX US)
Total: $645.81

Solution

bigjabbley

Reputable
May 4, 2015

cool thanks for the little tweaks everything looks cool to me should i grab a couple fans for the case or will i be all set

I agree with everything you wrote, except your suggestion of the board. It is more convenient to get a Haswell-out of the box-ready motherboard, however the price also rises accordingly. It's really not that difficult to update the BIOS, and its not even a certainty.

If OP want to spend the cash, any 97 chipset, would be preferable.

Good points. I would hate for the OP to get the B85 board home, install the Haswell Refresh CPU, then find out they can't boot. It is very hard for users to find a second CPU (Haswell or prior) just to apply that BIOS update no matter how easy it may be to do. The only B85 board that I know for sure to be compatible with a Haswell Refresh CPU is the ASRock Pro4. Best to just go with the H97 board...

Well.. Yeah, I agree with that. Also thinking about the future, a H97 or Z97 would be ideal for an upgrade. Perhaps OP will not utilize all the awesome features a 97 chipset provides, but its neat to have those features available in the future. And as a bonus, it accepts the Haswell architecture out of the box.

I am by no means agreeing with you just to agree and avoid controversy, but I have absolutely no problems whatsoever acknowledging when I'm wrong, or when someone else has a superior suggestion; as is the case now.