$300 AUD Custom CPU Watercooling Loop

Finnick2000

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
Hey all,
I am looking to have a custom loop for my CPU and I may eventually cool my GPU too. But for now I want to just cool the CPU. I am a bit of a water cooling noob. The first question I have is can my case support liquid cooling?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=28164&cPath=547

If it can what is a good loop what I can install for $300. I would prefer PC case gear for all my parts.
Thanks Finnick

Solution
I dunno... the top accepts 2 120 or 140 fans, but not sure you could get the rad plus fans without encroaching on the mobo. Can you measure the distance from the top of the case, down, to the top of the mobo? For a push only set up, think you'd need, what 6-8cms, depending on thickness of the radiator? Not sure you have that. I see the holes in the back, but I think those are there to externally mount a rad.

If you remove the HDD trays, you could probably get a 240 in the front, but are you willing to remove them? Are they removable?

I wasn't able to find an example of anyone watercooling inside this case, which makes me nervous. I would suggest you start with a case you know has room for a rad and fans at the top, and you are...

Finnick2000

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014

Im not worried about the rad I am not sure if I can put a reservoir on the rear

Finnick2000

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014

No they are not removable but I was thinking a 240mm Rad up top and a dual 5.25 inch bay reservoir.

Enthusiast Builder

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
I dunno... the top accepts 2 120 or 140 fans, but not sure you could get the rad plus fans without encroaching on the mobo. Can you measure the distance from the top of the case, down, to the top of the mobo? For a push only set up, think you'd need, what 6-8cms, depending on thickness of the radiator? Not sure you have that. I see the holes in the back, but I think those are there to externally mount a rad.

If you remove the HDD trays, you could probably get a 240 in the front, but are you willing to remove them? Are they removable?

I wasn't able to find an example of anyone watercooling inside this case, which makes me nervous. I would suggest you start with a case you know has room for a rad and fans at the top, and you are more comfortable with being able to put a rad in the front and still store your HDDs somewhere.

Solution

you could be right--looking again there doesnt look a great amount of vertical space at the top of the case

Enthusiast Builder

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Nanoxia advertises other, bigger cases - like the Deep Silence 2 - as having limited support for watercooling - it worries me they don't advertise any support for this case.

Sure you could do some heavy modding, but I think I might be worth your time (even it costs $100-150 bucks) and money if you started with a case that accepted 2 rads easily, top and front. If you had a bigger case, you could also have more real estate for a reservoir, vs using the 5.25 bays.