100% CPU usage even at idle

gavi7566

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Why i am seeing 100% cpu usage even at idle pc?? And as soon as i open the task manager, cpu usage drops to 2-10%. what the heck is this? i cant see any program eating my cpu even in the processes section. what should i do? I m running Windows 7 64bit, Core i5 @3.10GHz, 8GB DDR3, Nvidia GT630 2GB DDR3.

Solution
I checkedthe startup programs and found a shitty program from C:\....\appdata\roaming some tsivideo. This was eating my CPU. Now problem is solves. Thanks for your responses guys. appreciable.. :)

gavi7566

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

But actually i get lags between i play games like GTA V, then i have to open the task manager and again the usage automatically lowers the usage itself.

pcgaming98

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Yeah. Because GTA 5 became a background process instead of a priority process. When in full screen, the computer dedicates all of its resources to that application. So when you go full screen again, your CPU usage is gonna shoot up.

Run task manager in background while you will play in GTA5 if you will encounter frame drops go back to task manager and check CPU usage graph :)

If graphs shows 90-100 CPU usage is time to small OC on you CPU or buy new one ;)

About OC depends to your mobo you can try Turbo overclocking Locked Ivy Bridge Intel chips is limited to 4 bins above stock turbo frequency. That means for your i5-3450, which normally turbos to 35-35-34-33 for 1-2-3-4 loaded cores, you can bring it to 39-39-38-37
Add to this BLCK to 104-105 and you can have 3880Mhz on all cores :)

When you first open task manager, the CPU goes to 100% because task manager itself uses a lot of CPU time on start-up.
To monitor CPU usage in the background. Run "perfmon" from "Search programs and files...".
By default there is a counter for total CPU usage, but you can also add counters for individual cores.
Allow this to collect data while running the game, then Alt-Tab out and pause the capture.
You can see true CPU usage while running the game.

gavi7566

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I checkedthe startup programs and found a shitty program from C:\....\appdata\roaming some tsivideo. This was eating my CPU. Now problem is solves. Thanks for your responses guys. appreciable.. :)

Solution