100% CPU usage playing game (all system requirements meet)

IWO

Reputable
May 16, 2015
i bought new laptop and last week i was installing windows 7. get dota2, my laptop meet system requirement and the game running smoothly. i decided to record some gameplay, so i download ezvid (ezvid.com) successfully installed but couldnt run, system message told that microsoft .NET framework needed. idk why but microsoft .NET installer have problem, its last forever. i canceled the installer and still no problem with dota2

last night i tried microsoft .NET installer again, still didnt work. i deleted all files from both programs (ezvid and .NET) this morning i install steam game hawken, when i run it microsoft .NET installer appear out of nowhere and the game wont start before i cancel that installer. i got 100% CPU usage in hawken.

cant play my new game i go back to dota 2, 100% cpu usage also. all my game caused 100% CPU usage now
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have already fix the Microsoft .NET Installer (successfully installed now), another forum told me to download NVIDIA Driver and update my windows (done), but the problem still there. my laptop suddenly overheated even though i am just getting started (100% CPU, 10 FPS) .Please give me solution so i can play like first 7 days.

Solution

Ok, use a program to check your tempatures, cpu may be throttling.

IWO

Reputable
May 16, 2015
it doesnt work, no mallware nor virus was found. and its not because the setting, even my game that didnt need high spec laptop/PC still run at 100% CPU.

i5-4210U 1.7-2.7 Ghz
4Gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 840M

this same problem actually happened before i reinstall OS (when its still trial version of windows). that time dota2 works just fine. i install ezvid n fail, couple of days after 100% CPU started. i thought that was because my OS has expired so its not working as good as before. I didnt get microsoft .NET that time, maybe ezvid caused all of this ?

IWO

Reputable
May 16, 2015

i was never run that recorder and now its uninstalled but the problem still there. what i dont understand is the game works before i install that recorder.

please understand that this was happen twice

LookItsRain

Distinguished

To make it more clear for me, does it run 100% cpu with the program running and recording, or just with the game open and not recording.

IWO

Reputable
May 16, 2015

just the game, recorder never run from the 1st time, i add the recorder thing because thats the only change i did in my computer before the problem start. its like

new laptop -> playing for 3 weeks -> recorder -> lag -> windows trial expired -> reinstall original windows ->playing a week -> recorder -> microsoft .NET -> lag -> deleted recorder and.NET, update windows, instal NVIDIA Driver -> still lag

IWO

Reputable
May 16, 2015

i did, its the game. and i discover that the CPU went down gradually when i minimize the game to check task manager. after 15 sec it will be about 50-85 %. alt + tab again to the game and the game will run smoothly for 10 sec before start to lag.

LookItsRain

Distinguished

Ok, use a program to check your tempatures, cpu may be throttling.

Solution

IWO

Reputable
May 16, 2015

Yes, thank you
i went to IT support at my college and problem isnt at the software/malware, its my fan. he said that normal laptop's fan didnt make noise like mine. im going to authorized service center but i noticed a little paper sticking at the bottom of the box

"motherboard is noisy"

can i complain to the reseller (the store i bought it) to get a whole new laptop ?. or just get a service ?