Solved

What power supply do I need for an AMD FX 8320 and a GeForce GTX 970?

I am buying a new graphics card which is the GTX 970. I currently have the Corsair CX600W PSU. Would that be enough to power a 970 and an FX 8320?

Thanks,
Cameron.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply amd 8320 geforce gtx 970
  1. Best answer
    its not that high quality of a PSU, but since you already have it, theres nothing much that you can do.

    yes. 600w is enough for your system.
  2. davidarad02 said:
    its not that high quality of a PSU, but since you already have it, theres nothing much that you can do.

    yes. 600w is enough for your system.


    Would it be enough to power a GTX 980 or would I need to upgrade?
  3. Anonymous said:
    davidarad02 said:
    its not that high quality of a PSU, but since you already have it, theres nothing much that you can do.

    yes. 600w is enough for your system.


    Would it be enough to power a GTX 980 or would I need to upgrade?


    yes, but if you are looking at a 980, you probably want to get a HIGHER QUALITY power supply, because that CX series supply is NOT good.
  4. davidarad02 said:
    Anonymous said:
    davidarad02 said:
    its not that high quality of a PSU, but since you already have it, theres nothing much that you can do.

    yes. 600w is enough for your system.


    Would it be enough to power a GTX 980 or would I need to upgrade?


    yes, but if you are looking at a 980, you probably want to get a HIGHER QUALITY power supply, because that CX series supply is NOT good.


    Ok, thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Corsair Power Supplies Components AMD Geforce Nvidia Gtx Graphics Cards