7870 Crossfire 7850

ququq

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
I would like to add these two cards to my Motherboard MSI 770-g45, and I have few questions:
1. will be compatible?
2, Is 600w power source is enough
3. Will I be able to run 8 monitors or 6 at minimum 2x 3 eyefinity?
4. Is there a better GPU Cheap configuration to connect 6-10 monitors ?

Solution
I would recommend not doing a CF config with that Motherboard, as one slot is PCIE 16x and the other runs in 4x speed. Meaning the performance you could be getting is muted by the slow 4x slot. However not much you still will be losing performance.

As for your PSU 600w should be enough however it depends on the PSU model, if it's from a reputable brand and is rated quite high then I would be okay with it. Although you may be pushing just over 500w and be close to it's limit. If it's a cheaper PSU it will blow.
So yes it is enough but may not be the most optimal.

Lastly if you do run 6 monitors and plan to game on them, even if they are all 720p displays you will run out of Vram and processing power to run them all.
So perhaps you may...

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished
I would recommend not doing a CF config with that Motherboard, as one slot is PCIE 16x and the other runs in 4x speed. Meaning the performance you could be getting is muted by the slow 4x slot. However not much you still will be losing performance.

As for your PSU 600w should be enough however it depends on the PSU model, if it's from a reputable brand and is rated quite high then I would be okay with it. Although you may be pushing just over 500w and be close to it's limit. If it's a cheaper PSU it will blow.
So yes it is enough but may not be the most optimal.

Lastly if you do run 6 monitors and plan to game on them, even if they are all 720p displays you will run out of Vram and processing power to run them all.
So perhaps you may want to wait a bit and save a bit more for a dual high end card setup.
However if all you want to do is run them (perhaps movies, although not recommended) Then it'll be fine.
With Eyefinity just try not to use Vga if your card has it.

-good luck

Solution