100% Core 1 CPU usage! Unable to detect Malware.

MILE5Y

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
Hi guys.

So I've been trying to find a fix for this for days now.
Core 1 on my CPU keeps randomly jumping to 100% and staying at 100% for large periods of time, even when I don't have any programs open. Task manager says its svchost.exe using all my CPU so I've tried some common fixes for that with no results.

This has led me to believe it's some sort of malware as AVG keeps Finding generic trojans and "fake video players". AVG says it has removed them but it will detect them again hours later. A full system scan doesnt find anything and I've run TDSSkiller and Rkill which still dont show anything. One other reason I think it's a virus it because my Windows Microphone sensitivity keeps muting by itself and I've tried most of the usual solutions for that as well.

I will be eternally grateful if anyone can help me out.
Thanks.

MILE5Y

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
AVG keeps detecting this threat "Exploit fake video player (type 1750). followed by what is usually a file path but in this case it's a website "www.doenloadablesoftware3 ect. this happens even when i dont have my browser open.

Recommend using some other anti-malware software as well, as only one or two anti-malware scanners are unlikely to detect all known malware.

Suggest Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and SUPERAntiSpyware.

Suggest booting into Safe Mode. Run ONE of the anti-malware programs, remove/quarantine any found malware, and re-run same program to ensure all malware removed. Move on to next anti-malware program and repeat process.

Solution