200,000+ errors memtest86.... RAM was fine before

1MB

Reputable
May 30, 2014
So before my system was running fine no sign of any memory problems but after wiping my hard drive and trying to install windows on a new SSD ive run into a whole host of corrupt file issues BSODs getting stuck on blank screens loops etc.
Saw while looking around it could be a memory problem. Run memtest86 and get hundreds of thousands of errors within an hour or two on two passes.

What gives??? its the same stick on the same slot that was working before. Did i somehow damage my RAM while trying to wipe and install Windows 8.1 on my new SSD?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Power your rig down and disconnect all power sources. Simply try re-seating your memory into the slots. If not getting good contact, you could generate errors.

Also, memory can become defective. Unusual, but is does happen. Most quality memory has a lifetime warranty.

BTW, are you overclocking your memory?

1MB

Reputable
May 30, 2014
Alright tried reseating the RAM in slot 1A, instantly, upon running memtest, getting thousands of errors :/

And no no overclocking of any components

I have two 4gb gskill ripjaws RAM currently just testing one stick but like i said everything was working just fine before

1MB

Reputable
May 30, 2014
Well i guess somehow one of my DIMMs went bad,second DIMM is at 75% first pass and nothing whereas the first would have already had thousands of errors.

So i guess now contact manufacture about RMA huh?