FX-8350 fan is loud!!!

DanPal

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
i want to replace the stock cooler on this cpu as my pc gets hot and is very loud.

my case is a BitFenix Comrade Midi-Tower

Solution
The Comrade doesn't support tall coolers like the 212 EVO, which is outperformed by the H7 anyhow. That's what I'd recommend. It's plenty short enough to fit that case, which I have two of sitting in the next room so I know 159mm and taller coolers don't fit. It's also quieter than the stock cooler or the 212 EVO and has better RAM clearance as well.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.50 @ Newegg)
Total: $34.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-06 21:12 EDT-0400

The Comrade doesn't support tall coolers like the 212 EVO, which is outperformed by the H7 anyhow. That's what I'd recommend. It's plenty short enough to fit that case, which I have two of sitting in the next room so I know 159mm and taller coolers don't fit. It's also quieter than the stock cooler or the 212 EVO and has better RAM clearance as well.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.50 @ Newegg)
Total: $34.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-06 21:12 EDT-0400

Solution

You beat me to it.
I had to look for dimensions since I do not own one.
But we both suggested the same cooler.

The Comrade will support a 158mm cooler. 159mm WILL fit, but the side panel will bulge slightly, so it's really a no go with the EVO or other 159-160mm coolers. The H7 is only 145mm tall, so there's plenty of clearance plus it's got a better heatsink than the EVO, a MUCH better mounting system and a better fan as well.

The only dimensions I could find for it was off a review, where they stated 6 inches. So I converted it to mm and looked from there. Now I know from someone who owns it, slightly taller coolers will fit.
I will edit my post above so wrong information does not get repeated.

Your CPU should NOT be getting hot though, even with the stock cooler, unless it's not properly pasted, has incorrect mounting pressure (As in not being fully latched down), does not have enough case fan airflow through the case (As with only a rear exhaust fan) or if you're overclocking on the stock cooler, which should never be done anyhow.