980 Ti @ 1080p only getting ~50-60fps in GTA V Maxed?

mebcitadel

Reputable
May 11, 2015
I have GTA 5 maxed out settings, my specs:

Intel i7 4790
8GB Corsair Ram
500GB SSD (GTA 5 installed to SSD)
PNY GeForce 980 Ti

The graphics settings and advanced graphics settings including AA are maxed out. I'm only getting about 50-60fps according to FRAPs during actual gameplay. Is this low? Should I be getting more?

mebcitadel

Reputable
May 11, 2015

Yes if I disable MSAA I get in the 70 range, if I disable AA altogether it approaches 100. I just wanted to make sure my performance was where it should be because I was told at 1080p/ultra I should be pushing 100fps but that doesn't seem to be true.

mebcitadel

Reputable
May 11, 2015

http://www.techspot.com/review/991-gta-5-pc-benchmarks/page4.html

Also according to this I have advanced graphics maxed with FXAA I get about 60fps. So I am right there with Titan X performance (which is where I should be).

Thanks guys!

I mean MAXED!! MSAA INCLUDED!!

Well of course. But MSAA has such diminishing returns that it is almost not worth it to even include it in a maxed out scenario. I run FXAA and it works fine.

bl@dy

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Also getting 40-60fps with everything maxed
For a card in this price range it is a little disappointing

to be honest i was sure that my cpu i5 3570k is a bottleneck but looks like i was wrong as the i7 4790 is much bettter

The only issue with FXAA is that it is post processing so instead of working on the areas only that need AA it does the whole image which can cause blurring of textures and areas that don't need AA.

What does the FPS on one game have to do with the price range? The game was designed to run at 30 FPS, and the cards of today can do that.

Your FPS is a function of both the cards power, and the games demand. Just because a game exists that demands a lot, does not change the value of the card.

Everything is relative. The 980ti is much faster than cheaper cards. Specific FPS mean nothing.

G

Hi, Try these settings, I hope this would help.

Turn grass quality to Very High since it halfs the fps. Try everything on ultra with MSAA4X with TXAA. That should work fine. Let me know if it works. I have a similar setup.