980 ti SLI option not showing up

MelvinGonzo

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
So I'm using an Asus x99-a/usb 3.1 motherboard with a 28-lane 5820k. Card 1 in the first slot, card 2 in the second.

Is there any reason this config wouldn't work? Both cards are recognized and show up in my Device Manager, but I don't have an SLI option in Nvidia Control Panel. I used MSI Afterburner to see if both cards were being used, but nope, only the first one gets used, the second just sits at idle.

If you guys need any more details please just ask, I want to make sure I can get this working before I have to tear down my loop and have to switch stuff around (Dear god please no).

Some pictures with maybe more details:
Device Manager
Geforce Experience
Nvidia Control Panel

MelvinGonzo

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014

Okay so I checked the manual, says to use the first and third slots. Went ahead and asked Asus live chat to make sure, but they tell me my current setup should work and to just contact newegg to get a new one. I'm stumped, I really hope I don't have to move my second card one slot down.

Any other suggestions please?

It will probably work in the 3rd slot then and whats the big deal for moving it ? you will get better airflow with the space inbetween.

MelvinGonzo

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014

Like I said it's a custom water cooling loop, so taking it apart will be a pain, but yes that seems to be my only option. Already ordered the longer watercooling bridge.