Solved

Be quiet psu? (system power 7 700w)

Hi,

It's pretty simple, i want to know how this psu will do for my build, is it a good (decent) psu? tried to find some reviews of it but didn't found any.. so i gues i will be asking here ^^

U might of seen my previous post about my build but here it is again.

Build:

Case: be quiet! silent base 800 red
cpu: i7 4790k
Gpu: EVGA gtx 980 FTW ACX 2.0
HDD: Western Digital Black, 1TB
cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Motherboard: MSI z97 GAMING 5
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO (250gb)
PSU: be quiet! System power 7 700W http://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/331
RAM: Corsair 8gb DDR3-1866

- See more at: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2694265/building-basic-knowledge.html#xtor=EPR-8809

EDIT: this might be an alternative but i'm kinda short on money already so u guys might tell me if it will be neccesary or not ;p

http://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/524
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about quiet psu system power 700w
  1. it should be a pretty good psu. Be Quiet usually makes good psus.

    it is 80+ silver

    If you own this PSU then you don't need to upgrade
  2. Rhezner said:
    it should be a pretty good psu. Be Quiet usually makes good psus.

    it is 80+ silver

    If you own this PSU then you don't need to upgrade


    Hi thanks for the answer!, would u advise upgrading it if i don't own one yet?
  3. Destim said:
    Rhezner said:
    it should be a pretty good psu. Be Quiet usually makes good psus.

    it is 80+ silver

    If you own this PSU then you don't need to upgrade


    Hi thanks for the answer!, would u advise upgrading it if i don't own one yet?


    if your budget is around 80$ i would get an antec edge 650. It is fully modular and 80+ gold. it is a tier 2 psu.

    modular power supplies are so much better, you dont have a billion cables to deal with
  4. Rhezner said:
    Destim said:
    Rhezner said:
    it should be a pretty good psu. Be Quiet usually makes good psus.

    it is 80+ silver

    If you own this PSU then you don't need to upgrade


    Hi thanks for the answer!, would u advise upgrading it if i don't own one yet?


    if your budget is around 80$ i would get an antec edge 650. It is fully modular and 80+ gold. it is a tier 2 psu.

    modular power supplies are so much better, you dont have a billion cables to deal with


    I will look into that! thanks! Can u consider it as reliable as a be quiet psu?
  5. Destim said:
    Rhezner said:
    Destim said:
    Rhezner said:
    it should be a pretty good psu. Be Quiet usually makes good psus.

    it is 80+ silver

    If you own this PSU then you don't need to upgrade


    Hi thanks for the answer!, would u advise upgrading it if i don't own one yet?


    if your budget is around 80$ i would get an antec edge 650. It is fully modular and 80+ gold. it is a tier 2 psu.

    modular power supplies are so much better, you dont have a billion cables to deal with


    I will look into that! thanks! Can u consider it as reliable as a be quiet psu?


    yes, it is probably more reliable being a tier 2 psu

    look at this thread
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
  6. Looks pretty good yeah, i also saw the be quiet straight power psu in the tier 2 list... in my country the price difference between the be quiet STRAIGHT power 10 and the antec edge is only 10-15 euro's different.

    the be quiet straight power 10 at 149 euro
    the antec edge at 135 euro

    Considering the wattage isn't a problem because 650 watt will do as good as 700 watt, (if u look at my build)
    Pretty hard to make a choise here xD the antec edge has beautifull aesthetics and will match my build.
    But if i go with 700 watt i have a little more space for sli and more hardware (for in the future)

    Life is hard xD, what would u do?
  7. Best answer
    Destim said:
    Looks pretty good yeah, i also saw the be quiet straight power psu in the tier 2 list... in my country the price difference between the be quiet STRAIGHT power 10 and the antec edge is only 10-15 euro's different.

    the be quiet straight power 10 at 149 euro
    the antec edge at 135 euro

    Considering the wattage isn't a problem because 650 watt will do as good as 700 watt, (if u look at my build)
    Pretty hard to make a choise here xD the antec edge has beautifull aesthetics and will match my build.
    But if i go with 700 watt i have a little more space for sli and more hardware (for in the future)

    Life is hard xD, what would u do?


    the straight power 10 is semi modular. I personally have an antec edge. it has a cool LED switch on it and it looks good in my case. Do whatever you like, they are both great PSUs
  8. Rhezner said:
    Destim said:
    Looks pretty good yeah, i also saw the be quiet straight power psu in the tier 2 list... in my country the price difference between the be quiet STRAIGHT power 10 and the antec edge is only 10-15 euro's different.

    the be quiet straight power 10 at 149 euro
    the antec edge at 135 euro

    Considering the wattage isn't a problem because 650 watt will do as good as 700 watt, (if u look at my build)
    Pretty hard to make a choise here xD the antec edge has beautifull aesthetics and will match my build.
    But if i go with 700 watt i have a little more space for sli and more hardware (for in the future)

    Life is hard xD, what would u do?


    the straight power 10 is semi modular. I personally have an antec edge. it has a cool LED switch on it and it looks good in my case. Do whatever you like, they are both great PSUs



    Thanks man! This cleared up some of my problems haha, gues it's my turn to decide now.. Think i'l go with the antec one, 650 watt should be enough for my system right? because the gtx 980 can seriously pack a punch!
Ask a new question

Read More

Be Quiet! Build Components Power