HD 6870 doesn't give signal to the monitor

Scorched97

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2015
Hi guys, im just another one with the "check signal cable" error.
Anyway, i recently bought a used HD 6870 sapphire gpu hoping to stop using my integraded graphics.
My configuration is:
Motherboard MSI H81-P33
CPU intel G3258 3.2ghz OC@3.5ghz
GPU ATI Radeon HD 6870 sapphire 1gb
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster B2230w
RAM 2x4GB hyper x fury
PSU Cooler Master elite power RS-500-PSAPJ3-IT (500w)
HD 500GB seagate

The problem is that when i plug in the gpu, using 1 6-pin cable and 1 6-pin adapter made from 2 4-pin molex cables, my monitor shows the "check signal cable" error. I tried plugging the monitor (DVI-D) into both of the plug-ins on the gpu but it still doesn't work.And also, my motherboard is mini ITX so it only has 1 pcie 16x slot and i cant try it into other slots. I've read some of the threads here with the same problems and im fearing the worst that i bought a gpu that doesn't work.

I disconnected the gpu and used my IGP and the monitor works. I also want to say that i plugged HD 6870 after i reinstalled my OS to win 7 64 bit (without installing any drivers). I don't think that this can cause the problem but its all in the details.

I checked my BIOS for prioritizing gpus and it was set on PEG (pci express graphics) and not the IGP (integrated graphics).

I dont know if i should try deleting the drivers for my IGP and putting the 6870 back in, or try to connect the gpu via dvi to vga adapter, but i will send the gpu to a pc service tommorow.

*UPDATE* I've read somewhere that it might be due to the SBIOS not being updated, since i plugged the card as soon as i reinstalled the OS ill try to update bios and check if it works.

Scorched97

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2015

Im out of luck, i updated everything, including BIOS, but the GPU still doesnt give signal.
Im gonna send it to the servicer tommorow, and if he says its broken i hope the SOB who sold it to me rots.

Scorched97

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2015
Yea, he even wanted to send me a video proof of it working. When i contaced him about it he went all pissed how he hates things like this stating that i assured him that the gpu was working (even though i only acknowledged that it arrived). He, ofcourse, deleted the video and hasnt contacted me yet. But this is not the story for this site, if the gpu turns out to be faulty ill probably gonna sue him :D.