is a 350 watt power supply enough for my build?

Ben Walen

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015
Okay so I'm a totally new to PC building, and i bought a microATX case with a power supply on ebay, and I heard if it's not a good brand and enough watts, it could fry some stuff! anyway me being safe was wondering if i was going to be safe, so here's my build. Also i don't plan on overclocking.

G.Skill RipjawsX F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866MHz

ASUS Micro ATX DDR3 2400 Motherboards A55BM-Plus

AMD AMD A6-7400K

ASUS 2GB Graphics Cards R7240-2GD3-L

Seagate 500 gb sata hard drive

V627T2.CQ350TBL Black Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case

And obviously, some 350 watt power supply, don't know what brand, haven't got the case yet

(Sorry if I did something wrong, i'm new here)
Thanks in advance

rowdymoody

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
I imagine the reason you are asking about a 350w power supply is because the case you chose comes with a 350w power supply.

Your system should be just fine with a 350w power supply. But the quality of the PSU included with your case is probably of poor quality. It may be worth it to just fork out the money for a quality 600W PSU. But you can always just run the little 350w until it dies, heck, maybe it will last you.

Ben Walen

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015

Would it just be the supply that gets ruined or would it ruin other parts, such as the motherboard

A bad PSU can fry itself and other components. There is no way to predict exactly what it will do. It might work fine. It might go pop in 5 minutes. The power supply is the most important part of a pc. Some disagree until they fry their computer with a cheap one.

Cheap PSU in action-
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezk9OA7aKOE][/video]

TRENDING THREADS