Will the 500 Watt power Supply be Good?

insanity3241

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
Hello, I asked this question yesterday but this time I figured that I am getting a different processor. So will a 500 Watt power supply be good for a 125 Watt Processor and a GTX 960 FTW ACX 2.0 ?? Thanks

Solution
It should work.

EVGA 500W (100-W1-0500-KR)
OEM: HEC
maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating: 40 Amps <===== More than sufficient
two 150-Watt (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors <===== Sufficient
Ambient Temperature Maximum (i.e. without derating): 40°C
Modular Output Cables: No
Meets Official Intel Haswell Compliance: No
80 PLUS Efficiency Certification
• 3 Year Limited Warranty
What's the brand and model of the 500 Watt PSU?

System Power Supply Requirements for a single GeForce GTX 960
NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater system power supply. (Minimum system power requirement based on a PC configured with an Intel Core i7 3.2GHz 130 Watt TDP processor.)
the system power supply must also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 28 Amps or greater
the system power supply should also have at least one 75-Watt 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector. There are some non-reference design cards that require two 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors (e.g. Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2 GB [GV-N960G1 GAMING-2GD REV.1.0], Inno3D iChill Geforce GTX 960 2GB Ultra) or one 150-Watt 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector (e.g. EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2 GB [02G-P4-2966-KR], MSI GTX 960 Gaming OC 2 GB [GTX 960 GAMING 2G]).

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) may require an additional increase to the maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current ratings, recommended above, to meet the increase in power required for the overclock. The additional amount required will depend on the magnitude of the overclock being attempted.

It should work.

EVGA 500W (100-W1-0500-KR)
OEM: HEC
maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating: 40 Amps <===== More than sufficient
two 150-Watt (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors <===== Sufficient
Ambient Temperature Maximum (i.e. without derating): 40°C
Modular Output Cables: No
Meets Official Intel Haswell Compliance: No
80 PLUS Efficiency Certification
• 3 Year Limited Warranty

Solution

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

It will work but that power supply is a bad unit. Focus on getting a Seasonic, Antec or XFX 450 watts or higher.

insanity3241

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015

An EVGA is a good brand. What do you mean that its a bad unit? Then you mention some brands that no one has ever heard of lmao

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
might have to do some more research before you answer insanity. you're going nowhere with that.

On the other hand, EVGA is looking exactly for your type of customers. Because it allows them to sell even the crappiest of their power supplies, people will think they're quality anyways.

And in general you don't seem to know much about power supplies, otherwise you would know all the brands I've mentioned sell quality power supplies.

insanity3241

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
I already have it installed thats why I am asking, If I need to waste my money on a more powerful PSU, or If I can keep the 500 watt one I already have and thanks to you guys I can now buy a more powerful processor.

TRENDING THREADS