Which R9 390 Brand card would have the best cooling for temps and performance?

PatrikVujicic

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
Hello my dear friends!
So I'm here trying to make my final decision on which GPU I should buy.I know I will get R9 390 8GB but I don't know which brand... :/ I wan't the best cooling (no watercooling just standard air cooling that you get on card when you buy) with lowest temps that are possible and performance with the best overclocking.I don't Care about noise I care about performance FPS.So I need the best cooling card so I that I will be able to get nice overclock.I've searched on youtube and found video about R9 290 cards and the best are Vapor X and PCS+.But now in R9 390 There is no Vapor and there is PCS+ But there is also new card MSI Gaming which is little different and better than MSI R9 290 Twin Frozr...Also there is Sapphire Nitro that is new and Asus strix is coming very soon with directU III.Now I rly don't know which one could give me the best cooling for low temps and nice overclock.
What do you think guys?I know you can't know it beacuse these cards are new but what do you think anyway?Thanks :)

steelninja

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

how come my R9 390x gets to 94c when playing games? it's an msi

It depends on your ambient temperature and how good your airflow is in your case.
The MSI R9 390X cooler isn't that great at cooling these hot Hawaii chips. And the 0db feature doesn't help either.

steelninja

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

So it's normal? should i worry when it gets to 94-95c

ehsaibuay

Reputable
Oct 16, 2015

I was getting 94 deg C previously. Opened my side panel and the temps dropped to 70+ under load.
Then I realised the air flow in my case was not enough. Installed more fans and now I'm getting max 74 deg C. Get SP fans for intake and AF fans for exhaust.