fx 8350 liquid cooling tmpin1 too high

VisserNk

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
Hi all,
i have a fx 8350 with Cooler Master RL-S12V-24PK-R2 M WaKü Seidon V liquid cooler, under stress my cpu reachs 63C that is quite high but consider that outside room temp is 34C in those days. With prime95 i saw that every 1/2 min cpu freq drop down at 1400MHz for a couple of seconds and than it return at 4GHz. I thought about termal throttling but i guess that 63C aren't enough for the 8350 found that its max temp is 62C. So I installed HWMonitor and now i can see the issue... The cpu keep 63C in stress mode but in my motherboard MSI 970 gaming i have TMPIN1 that reach 99C, when it reach this temp cpu drop down to 1400MHz until it become about 93C and start a loop between 93 - 99C.
I thought i have enough airflow into the case, i have 2 front 120mm fan IN and 2 top 120mm OUT.
Maybe i have to reverse 1 of top fan to IN and keep 1 OUT?
Maybe issue came out when i changed the case, before i had radiator near case and radiator fan inside, and probably air went inside the case, NOW with new case there isn't enough space for attach the radiator near the case so i intalled the fan near the case and the radiator inside, maybe can radiator stop the airflow from the fan? I can't attach the radiator near case there isn't enough space, it touch a piece of metal inside the case.

tnx for answers

KeelinTy

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
I had this same problem on my friends desktop. Try opening up the case and aiming a good fan at the mosfets to see if that helps. If that doesnt work then try getting good positive airflow in the case. Usually for good airflow the fans in the front and bottom will be intakes and the top and rear will be exhausts.

VisserNk

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015

The problem is that i've already 2 120mm fans in the front and bottom that intakes and in the top/rear 2 120mm exhausts, but in the front i've 3 hdd near fans and the vga, so i don't know how much airflow come from those fans

KeelinTy

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014

If you crank the fans up to max do the problems still occur? Do you have the proper amount on thermal paste on the CPU? Is the CPU cooler making good connection with the CPU? And have you tried aiming a good fan at the Mosfets?

VisserNk

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
Ok, update:
I reversed one of two top fan, now one intakes and only one exhaust. Now TMPIN1 is stable at 86C and frequencies of cpu don't drop anymore and are stable to 4GHz.
But now cpu reach 70C with liquid cooling instead of 63C, i think that seidon 120v is not so good, but because of my budget is the only solution.
Found that now i have 34C of ambient room temp and it is absolutely abnormal temp for my region, do you think that i can mantain this configuration or 70C are absolutely unacceptable? thanks

VisserNk

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015

I hope this is the solution, it is stable 70/71C. Never saw this ambient temp, normally in summer it is maximum 30C in hottest days and for the rest of the yeatr 20 ~ 25C so i think that cpu is at the maximum point.
however when i bought liquid cooling and this is the first time for me i thought that it might be much more performant than this.
Could i make any mistakes? I don't know.. 1 radiator fan, 4 fans in the case.. i'm confused

KeelinTy

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014

Hmmm. My i7-4790K was at 30C idle and under load it got above 100C but that was because of a bad overclock pushing 1.4V into the CPU. It was stable but it got wayyyy to hot and caused my PC to crash