100% CPU Usage while Rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRaariTy

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
I was wondering if it is safe to let your CPU run constantly at 100% for a few hours while video rendering because that is what my i5 seems to be running at while rendering videos in Sony Vegas

Solution
Yup its kinda what rendering does. Make sure you have a good heaksink/cooler on your CPU (for the love of god, not an intel stock cooler) and you'll be fine. If you're concerned about any danger to it, just make sure to check that your CPU heat is under the max thermal load for your model.
Yup its kinda what rendering does. Make sure you have a good heaksink/cooler on your CPU (for the love of god, not an intel stock cooler) and you'll be fine. If you're concerned about any danger to it, just make sure to check that your CPU heat is under the max thermal load for your model.

Solution
Yeah that should be fine. Assuming it was put on correctly your temps should be good and you shouldn't have to worry about any throttling. From the reviews I've seen it beats out the CM 212 Hyper Evo by a few percentage points which seems to be a lot of peoples go to for 3rd party air cooling. With any rendering rig you're going to want to also make sure you have decent air flow in your case as well. The case you have looks to be pretty good in that area with its stock setup so you should be fine all around.

Side note, what do you think of your case? I have a friend who's been looking at that one specifically for a new build.

iRaariTy

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014

I love the case, it looks all futuristic and didn't give me any install problems or any other problems for that matter, but if he has the extra money i would advise that he gets the Noctis 450, it looks even cooler and has some better features

Cool thanks for the suggestion!

Mar 13, 2022
I was wondering if it is safe to let your CPU run constantly at 100% for a few hours while video rendering because that is what my i5 seems to be running at while rendering videos in Sony Vegas

Bro even I also face the same problem, my CPU gets used at 100% for rendering effects like warp stabilizer, my temps are at 78 degrees, is there any way I can use the GPU more than CPU, I use an Intel I7 8700K with RTX 2060 Super 8Gb

Status
Not open for further replies.