does 200 more ghz clock speed matter on a gpu in gaming?

Brock Tremel

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
i have a gtx 750 ti SC and its clocked 200 mhz higher than then non SC version. ( im i getting at least 3 more fps in games than the non SC version? thanks)

Brock Tremel

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015

overclocking this gpu yourself breaks the 3 year free warranty
also evga overclocked it at the highest clock speed they could for safe temps(the pre oc version is 7 more us dollars so its so wroth the 7 bucks!)

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

It does not void the warranty, and the 750 ti runs very cool i bet the cooler on the normal version and sc are exactly the same it can take a pretty decent overclock with stride. And that is not true at all it has that clock speed because its lowest and easiest to achieve when mass producing the card, the cooler can take much more than stock.

Brock Tremel

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015

oh that type of person alright bro. you're right im wrong sorry mr.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Excuse me? If that offended you then you need to thicken your skin. Im just telling you the truth. I have been working with computers a long time and what you said is wrong here is proof it doesn't affect evga's warranty: http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=55

And I have been overcloking various graphics cards for years, my gtx 760 has been overclocked well beyond factory clocks for about 2 years now same for my cpu, so yes you are wrong that card can be overcloked many people have done it. Google it.

If your trolling me please find a better hobby, go work at the food shelter or something stop wasting my time.