i5-3570 w/Antec Kuhler 620 Temps of 80+ Degrees under ~70-100% Load

ZeFlaw

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Hi! I posted a thread a little while ago stating how I was getting these temperatures over 70% load and I knew that wasn't right. The answer suggested to me was to get new Thermal Paste because, since the computer is a little over 3 years old, it had probably worn down. I travelled down to Canada Computers today and picked up some Antec Silver 5, put a rice grain size line down the middle and set my hopes high when I booted it back up. Lo and Behold, after an hour or so my temperatures went straight back up to the 80's+.

Now that I have thermal paste out of the way for solutions, that leaves it down to either my CPU or my CPU Cooler (Antec Kuhler 620). I've read two takes on this issue. The first one being that the CPU Cooler's pump may have been broken which wouldn't allow the cold air to return to the heatsink but, although I haven't felt for the pumping of water directly, it's easy to tell that in one tube the very hot water is being sent to the radiator and the other tube is felt with a cooler water.

That being said, I'm worried that it may be my CPU. I've been told that, on the end of it's legs, the CPU can just constantly heat up to extreme temperatures until it finally dies out. Over the course of the past 3+ years I have done a variety of rendering in Sony Vegas, Cinema 4D and Adobe After Effects so it may just be the CPU dying on me but I don't know for sure.

Is there anything else I can provide to help me figure out whether or not it's the CPU or the Cooler that's causing these issue's? I'd hate to go out and purchase a new cooler just to find out it was the processor causing the issue's.

Thanks a ton,

Ze.

Solution

The temps got better?! Yeah, try a better cooler.

ZeFlaw

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

So, it seems as if the temperatures got a little bit better but still sit in the mid 70's under 80-100% load. Would this mean it's the CPU?

Dan425811923

Distinguished
May 14, 2015

The temps got better?! Yeah, try a better cooler.

Solution

ZeFlaw

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

Is 70 still not high for a stock cooler?

Dan425811923

Distinguished
May 14, 2015

If your stock is better than aftermarket I think your aftermarket cooler is failing.