Fx 8320 vs fx 8350 vs fx 8370 oc

IgorNew

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
How bug difference is there at stock and how big once i oc them as they are all unlocked, based on same arhitecture and price diference betwen 320 and 350 is around 35€ and betwen 350 and 370 is around 30€ in my country.

Solution
More or less yes they are the same including when overclocking. However the link that was provided from TechSpot is using the 8320e version which has is a 95w part and slightly less base clock as compared to the 125w of the original 8320. Either way the avg overclock appears to be the same between all three CPU's 8320/8350/8370 but the performance you gain from the overclock will vary based on your approach. I generally don't trust techspot reviews as they appear IMO to extremely bias. I've duplicated their testing methods and I've never been able to duplicate the horrible performance they report in their articles.

neieus

Distinguished
More or less yes they are the same including when overclocking. However the link that was provided from TechSpot is using the 8320e version which has is a 95w part and slightly less base clock as compared to the 125w of the original 8320. Either way the avg overclock appears to be the same between all three CPU's 8320/8350/8370 but the performance you gain from the overclock will vary based on your approach. I generally don't trust techspot reviews as they appear IMO to extremely bias. I've duplicated their testing methods and I've never been able to duplicate the horrible performance they report in their articles.

Solution

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
The 8320s are just 8350s that are binned at a lower clock speed due to testing, but for the most part you should be able to OC them as high as you could with an 8350. The 8370 is a newer version, with slighlty higher base & turbo clocks than the 8350, so I would assume it can go slightly higher.

Basically, if you're going to OC, for the price of the stock 8370 you can get an 8350 with an air cooler, or an 8320 with an inexpensive water cooler (or really good air cooler), so you can save a bit.

The FX-8370 and 95w '-E' chips were baked last Summer and feature minor core revisions (not new steppings) which seem to slightly boost memory-intensive program performance.

Unless you need the extra boost for more cores .... the FX-6350 seems the best bargain at the moment: stock 3.9GHz base with 4.2GHz Turbo.