Please help me with 7850 overclocking

SupermanSkillz

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
I have a 7850 2gb OC edition. Should I bother overclocking an already OC'ed card?
If i should, I am wondering what is the best MHz to overclock it to and also the best way of doing it (I'm pretty new to overclocking). I tried CCC with my cpu and it didn't work well so I had to do it via the bios.

This is the exact card - http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11200-14-20G/dp/B008MJHS8I

It's currently on a core clock of 920mhz and memory clock of 1250mhz (which is the standard for this card).

Also, does anyone know if I should use TriXX or MSI Afterburner?

Solution
I'd recommend MSI Afterburner if you want to push the overclocks. Unlock your voltage in the settings, and get ready to watch temps. You slowly push the clock maybe 50mhz at a time, then run Valley or Heaven. If it black screens you add ~25mV and try again. Keep watching temps, extra voltage can make it heat up very quick.

You'll eventually hit a wall where no extra voltage will fix black screens and/or artifacting, which you then turn down the clock about 50mhz. Then follow the same process for the memory speed.

If you need temperature monitoring software (Valley has a built-in temp monitor though), then I'd recommend HWMonitor.

datguy20

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
I'd recommend MSI Afterburner if you want to push the overclocks. Unlock your voltage in the settings, and get ready to watch temps. You slowly push the clock maybe 50mhz at a time, then run Valley or Heaven. If it black screens you add ~25mV and try again. Keep watching temps, extra voltage can make it heat up very quick.

You'll eventually hit a wall where no extra voltage will fix black screens and/or artifacting, which you then turn down the clock about 50mhz. Then follow the same process for the memory speed.

If you need temperature monitoring software (Valley has a built-in temp monitor though), then I'd recommend HWMonitor.

Solution