Is a 360 controller worth it in comparison to Xbox One controller for PC Gaming?

M1rc3a

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
Hey, I was wondering if getting a 360 controller is worth it? Or should I get a Xbox One controller? I am planning on playing on my PC. I really don't see a big difference between them, even thought the second one is ~25$ more expensive(in my country).

Solution
I've used both and so far I liked the 360 one because I bought a wireless adapter to go along with it and didn't have to be plugged in. I'm sure in the future they'll come out with one for the Xbox One controller, so it's just a matter of preference.
The adapter was only $10 when I bought it two years ago.

Mankar Kameran

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015
I've used both and so far I liked the 360 one because I bought a wireless adapter to go along with it and didn't have to be plugged in. I'm sure in the future they'll come out with one for the Xbox One controller, so it's just a matter of preference.
The adapter was only $10 when I bought it two years ago.

Solution

M1rc3a

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
Thanks for the answer. I am planning on getting a wired one, since the wireless 360 is more expensive.
I was just scared that the future games won't work with the 360 controller(idiot thinking haha.)

Archgaull

Admirable
Personally, I'd go with the Xbox One controller. Not for any worry of future compatability, but just because I find the Xbox One controller to have a better design than the 360's controller, especially around the thumbsticks and battery compartment.

Both are using the XInput API, so both should pretty much be supported for as long as the API is used.