I have the FX 6300 with a GTX 960 2gb both non OC getting low FPS on csgo help.

Faiz Sobhani

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
So im here with this six core processor and this beast gfx, i got this card yesterday hoping to get a higher fps than what i get ( im getting almost the same) how should i increase my fps. I have tried all the settings, i used to play on 1920x1080 , tried lowering reso didnt work, all low settings still no fps increase. can any1 help me?

Thanks In advance.

Edit
Rig
AMD fx6300
GFX Nvidia Gtx 960 2gb ddr5
Ram Kingston HyperX 8gb
Mobo Gigabyte GA 970A DS3
Corsair CX 750 W

what fps are you currently getting, what do you consider low. Do you have vsync on or off? if reducing detail settings and resolution get no more fps, then the problem is likely the cpu side, weather its throttling, or not utillizing the cores properly or whatever.

Faiz Sobhani

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

Im getting 70 Fps :(((

while playing csgo the cpu usage is low and i have no idea why, i even unparked cores manually (changing the value_max to 0)

EDIT : Vsync is off and im looking at users with this type of rig at 200+ fps !

Faiz Sobhani

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

i will check all the drivers and update them as i reach home and try again!!

also i will try GTA V and tell the FPS with the settings, im at work and hence cannot update the tallies

Faiz Sobhani

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

I used to play on 100+ fps when i used my FX 8350 , but recently i had to switch to 6300 because my mobo started behaving weirdly with my 8350, i was getting blue screens like every 5 mins! hence i had to switch the proc, My Monitor is Dell SS240L with 60ghz refresh rate , i was using this before too and i got 100+ fps with my Fx 8350 and the 7770HD (previous Gfx)

Is it using the dgpu as you have just swapped out the card. It could be that nivida optimus has switched the graphics to the igpu as it is a low demanding game. The assumes you have optimus in your desktop. The other reason could be your temps while gaming or the power supply not giving enough power to the cpu and gpu while gaming hence the gpu and cpu throttles and lowers the fps.

Faiz Sobhani

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

i installed the nvidia software from the disk with the GPU, and i don't think i have optimus ( what is that elaborate plz) and i think the temperature maybe an issue as the AMD stock cooler on the processor don;t really perform that good, but i was using my pc with an open case yesterday still nothing improved. The Power supply i dont think is the problem as i have set high performance.

I forgot that you have an amd cpu, you will not have nivida optimus. It is most likely the stock cooler then. What are the temps while gaming?

Faiz Sobhani

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

I will monitor them and post here as soon as im home! at work >.<

Sounds like throttling for CPU and GPU.

Less important, but still relevant. Do you have any other processes open while playing that you know or *might not know* of? There's been news about malware that starts using you CPU to mine bitcoins and other stuff, so be wary of that as well. This is a long shot, but still make sure it is not the issue.

Cheers!

Faiz Sobhani

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

I spoke to a friend of mine, he has a fx6300 and the same mobo as mine, with a HD7870 and he gets 150-200 fps T_T, there is no other app running i checked all the processes and i don't have any torrent stuff installed so mining i dont think so still ill have a check again!

Excursive

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Hey guys, I've been having the SAME EXACT problem, although I play at around 80, it constantly drops to around 40 which DRASTICALLY FUCKS my performance and "skill" in game. I've noticed it, and I've seen myself not playing nearly as well as I have due to missing shots caused by these drops. I downloaded Process explorer. Here is a screencap of my game alttabbed : http://i.imgur.com/3olAjQC.png
Really want help on this. I'm considering purchasing a new processor altogether but I don't have the money right now :(

Interesting... I suggest adding some columns, so it looks a bit like this:

process_explorer.png

Most of those services you have running (VMWare, Apple's and FileZilla) could start internet connections and updates on their own. I strongly suggest you create a .bat file you run each time you want to play and see if it makes a difference. Plus, most of them smell like they would start doing things on their own using CPU.

The file I'm telling you to create would look something like this:

Code:
@echo off
echo Stopping Services
net stop "servicio del ipod"
net stop "windows live id sign-in assistant"
net stop "teamviewer 8"
net stop "btdevmanager"
net stop "apple mobile device"
rem net stop "ui assistant service"
net stop "nvidia streamer service"
net stop "razer game scanner service"
net stop "SkypeUpdate"

echo Services Stopped
echo Killing Processes

taskkill /f /t /im googleupdate.exe
taskkill /f /t /im btserver.exe
taskkill /f /t /im volpanlu.exe
taskkill /f /t /im thxaudio.exe
taskkill /f /t /im assistantservices.exe

echo Processes killed
pause

The keyword "rem" means "comment this line" in MS Batch. So, create a new "txt" file in notepad (or something) and then, when you save it, rename it to "stop_annoying_stuff.bat". At least, that is how I call mine, haha. Make sure you can see file extensions though.

Cheers!

EDIT: Typos.

Well, you like damaged the power circuitry so the motherboard is likely damaged

Excursive

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015

Oh, the idea was for you to change the name of each service to your own... And when you right click it (instead of double clicking it), you have to run it as "administrator".

Let me tell you how to get the names of each service.

1st:
process_explorer_admin.png

This will allow you to actually do stuff and see stuff you can't as a regular user inside of Process Explorer.

2nd:
process_explorer_stop_services.png

If you have doubts, please let me know. Hopefully you will be able to find out the culprit with a little investigation. Of course, if you end up killing everything, things won't work, haha. Just kill the things you know are from programs you've installed. Upon doubt, ask here or google the ".exe".

Cheers!

Faiz Sobhani

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

I fixed my issue, my motherboard was the culprit , it fried eventually! so i got a new and better one!

good work. Maybe select spentshells as best answer since he pointed that out.....
What fps are you getting now?