Fx-8320 Performance @ Question

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
Hey my name is Dave, or Just Mantilized. Anyhow, I have a quick question on my CPU, But before that I will give you guys a list of my specs real quick, Btw, It was a budget pc.

Cpu: Fx-8320 @ 3.5 Ghz
GPU: R9 380 4GB
Ram: Ripjaws 8GB Ddr3 2133 Mhz Ram
Motherboard: 970A-DS3P
Power Supply: 850 Watt

Anyways to start things off, I have played only a few games on my pc so far, Just cause 2, Total War: Empire, Simple Games. I plan to play more intense games like Battlefield 4 and Just cause 3 (when it releases) But I've heard alot of bad and good things about the FX-8320. And Since I own one, I was wondering If I Could run some of these games without any stutters or my CPU bottlenecking. So My Question is, Is the Fx-8320 Good/Fast enough to run more modern games.

Thanks, Hopefully I get replies soon, And I do understand that I5's can be more powerful, But At the time, I was really impatient and I just got it, So I will upgrade later.

Solution
If you ask me, yes it is. I replaced my phenom x6 1055t build with new i7 4790k based system. For some time I used my old gpu with new build and to be honest didn't notice any significant difference (except few more fps here and there). After I bought new gpu I noticed huge difference but only as a result of a more powerful gpu. Intel cpus are better, no doubt about it, but this is something you will probably newer notice in everyday computing and gaming. Perhaps I'm wrong but all this from my personal experience.

AreH

Distinguished
If you ask me, yes it is. I replaced my phenom x6 1055t build with new i7 4790k based system. For some time I used my old gpu with new build and to be honest didn't notice any significant difference (except few more fps here and there). After I bought new gpu I noticed huge difference but only as a result of a more powerful gpu. Intel cpus are better, no doubt about it, but this is something you will probably newer notice in everyday computing and gaming. Perhaps I'm wrong but all this from my personal experience.

Solution