1200$ Gaming/Editing build?

ThatNewBee

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Hi,
I'm new to PC building and would like to know what parts I should choose for a gaming/editing build under 1200$, with an SSD, Windows and good aesthetic.
Any help?

Solution
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FJ8s7P\

Here's what I have came up with. It is true the i5 will not perform as well with video editing as the i7, which is due to its lack of hyperthreading.

I choose the i7 4790k for gaming and video editing, it will do great for that as well as streaming.

I choose the hyper 212 evo because it is the best budget cpu cooler and it will do a decent job at keeping your i7 cool.

16 gb of ram is pretty much a no brainer with gaming and video editing.

I choose the motherboard based off of its strong reliability and popularity. I know many people who have it and its done a fantastic job for them.

I was able to squeeze in a 120 gb ssd as well as a 1tb hdd. I'm dead set on having an ssd, they're remarkably...

ThatNewBee

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015

Thank you!

I have a few questions :

-Should I just buy the 980 and upgrade the cpu and SSD?(someone told me that video editing lags with i5 processors)
-What is the difference between h97 and z97?

Tyler Hammond

Distinguished
May 13, 2015
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FJ8s7P\

Here's what I have came up with. It is true the i5 will not perform as well with video editing as the i7, which is due to its lack of hyperthreading.

I choose the i7 4790k for gaming and video editing, it will do great for that as well as streaming.

I choose the hyper 212 evo because it is the best budget cpu cooler and it will do a decent job at keeping your i7 cool.

16 gb of ram is pretty much a no brainer with gaming and video editing.

I choose the motherboard based off of its strong reliability and popularity. I know many people who have it and its done a fantastic job for them.

I was able to squeeze in a 120 gb ssd as well as a 1tb hdd. I'm dead set on having an ssd, they're remarkably fast.

I went with the evga 970 4gb ssc acx 2.0 graphics card. It will do great at 1080p gaming. And is a great card in general.

I chose the nzxt s340, Its a very nice case and in my opinion it looks really sleek.

But I think this is one heck of a build for $1200. You really can't get much better parts for this price, and you have everything that you wanted in this build.

Solution

Latest posts