i7 2600 vs i5 3470

Boris P

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
What's theoretically better suited for game-streaming (twitch..) ?

I don't understand some people say that despite being i5 versus the i7, the fact it's a 3rd gen, makes the core clock actually faster than the i7 2600's clock.

I play dota2 and world of tanks, emphasizing the latter because it is a heavy cpu dependent game which works only on a single core (a bit on the second for the audio .. so I heard)

Help :)

Solution
Definitely the i7 2600 is better. It has hyper threading on each core, give you a total of 8 threads. Also it has a higher performance per clock.

Ivy bridge (3rd gen) only had a slight increase in performance over sandy bridge (2nd gen)

You can't compare clock speeds to determine performance on a cpu, otherwise AMD's FX 9370 would be performance gods

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Definitely the i7 2600 is better. It has hyper threading on each core, give you a total of 8 threads. Also it has a higher performance per clock.

Ivy bridge (3rd gen) only had a slight increase in performance over sandy bridge (2nd gen)

You can't compare clock speeds to determine performance on a cpu, otherwise AMD's FX 9370 would be performance gods

Solution

Boris P

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Unfortunately nobody is selling cheap overclockable CPUs + motherboards here. The cheapest second hand Z97 I found is 185$.
And i7-4690K for like 345$ - SECOND HAND - !

So I rather buy a 125$ i7-2600 and save money for brand new CPU+MOBO to overclock a 4th gen.

The best course right ? :)