$350 Pc Build VS $500 Pc Build NEED HELP

Jdogjohnny

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015
So i am looking for a Pc to play CsGo and Minecraft on with music (like Youtube or Pandora) in the background and talking in Teamspeak. I first had a budget of $350 then i took my budget up to $500. I want to know how much better the $500 build would be than the $350 build. Also i have 2 $500 builds (One of them is a edited version of the original) i would like to know which one is better. Also the reason im probally gonna go with JackFrags build because he has a video explaining how to put it together.Also if you could give me a estimate of the FPS i would get with these builds that would be great (yes i know the links have FPS benchmarks) or just tell me which one would get better FPS. Also which one would last longer and would give me more bang for my Buck. Thanks!

$350 Build:http://pcpartpicker.com/user/noobgamer40/saved/hjsrxr

JackFrags video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WQxr59KRto

JackFrags $500 Build:http://pcpartpicker.com/user/CasualGamer/saved/XCH8TW

Edit of JackFrags $500 Build:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Lkx83C

Solution
Some issues. the PSu in your $350 build is TERRIBLE. It WILL damage/destroy the PC. this is the single most important part of a PC and is NEVER to be cheaped out on. So basically the $350 build won;t even work.

Jack's build is OK, but an i3 would be better.

Your edit of jack's build looks good. the Motherboard will probably need a BIOS update in order to boot with that CPU though.

Your $500 plan is like 10x better than the $350 build in terms of gaming power.
Some issues. the PSu in your $350 build is TERRIBLE. It WILL damage/destroy the PC. this is the single most important part of a PC and is NEVER to be cheaped out on. So basically the $350 build won;t even work.

Jack's build is OK, but an i3 would be better.

Your edit of jack's build looks good. the Motherboard will probably need a BIOS update in order to boot with that CPU though.

Your $500 plan is like 10x better than the $350 build in terms of gaming power.

Solution

Jdogjohnny

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015

Whats a bios update (sorry im a PC noob)

ok this should easily out preform it
xeon x5677- $50
Dell precision t3500 motherboard- $50
Dell precision t3500 front io panel- $10
DDR3 ram 3*4gb- ~~~$50
nvidia 750ti- $120
ocz trion 240gig SSD- 80
that brings it to 360 leaving free room for the psu, case, and cd rom .

This is a bad idea. Why would you buy a 5 year old CPU when he can get the new i3 that will blow it away?

because it wont blow it away :) and its half the price

Jdogjohnny

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015

Yeah im a Pc noob but i even know that a $50 CPU is worse than $100 CPU (obviously the $100 could be crap but most likely a $100 i3 would be better) also if its 5 years old wouldnt it have some limitations?

Personally, as long as the highest settings are not required and those really are the games you plan to play and only those games bar a few on the side, the 350 build will suffice and be enjoyable, but as mentioned the psu sucks.

Yes it will power the machine but it's quite poor in quality.

Disagree. That PSU is as bad as they come and it WILL damage the PC. I would not even use it to boot the PC one time.

Jdogjohnny

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015

Yeah well i clicked him as best solution on accident i meant to respond to him.. LOL sorry DUDe
anyways is there a way to change best or un select?

Passmark means nothing in terms of gaming.

i7 4790k scores 11,240
i5 4430 scores 6,282

You expect me to believe that the i7 will DOUBLE the FPS of the i56 in games if the rest of the systems are equal. not a chance.

Sorry, that link holds no value in this conversation.

I unselected it for you.

Jdogjohnny

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015

So..Before we got in this xeon nonsense .. you were saying i might need a BIOS update on the motherboard could you please explain to me what that is?