550 dollar complete build for gaming

jackstack10

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
I may be helping my friend build a computer, but there are a few points I need answered.

• Will it run games better than a lenovo p510 gaming laptop with an nvidia 755m at this price range?
    He will need the build(excluding DVD drive and hard drive) plus a keyboard and wifi/homeplug(cheapest option).
    He will need a monitor
It will be used for gaming on CSGO, LoL, DOTA, and maybe GTA V. Please try to answer the first question because my friend is trying to sell it to him for 550 but he wants to know if he can get more efficiency by building. Thanks

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you will be able to get better graphics with a pc than that laptop. monitor may be an issue if he wants 1080p 144 hz and such but a basic $100 1080p monitor should keep the build decent. that leaves $450 for the rest which is not that bad. does he also need an os? if so then the laptop would be better since now the budget is at $350 after windows gets figured in.

bkh1134

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
You would be fine with that budget and making sure the system meets and exceeds the recommended requirements of all those games. If hes already got a HDD and CD Drive then that saves about $100 right there. I would always go for the option to build a desktop pc over buying a laptop because desktops offer much more upgrading options down the road.

Edit: Sorry I forgot about GTAV, that one will more than like push your budget.