Jul 3, 2015
I'm currently looking into a "new" gpu, and i'm debating on wether to get a 7950 for 110$ or a 7970 for 200$ . Do you think that it's worth it using those 90$ on a few extra fps?

My CPU is a g3258 @4.3 Ghz

Solution
Go for the HD7950, but be aware that:
It's an old card so used ones may be abused or have cooler problems (non working fan/s) so get the vendor to state that the cooler/fans are working correctly and hold onto the reply, you can use it to back up a returns claim later if the vendor has lied.
Both those cards need good coolers to work at their best, from experience I'll advise you to steer clear of the XFX DD coolers-mine kept the card cool enough but sounded like a leafblower causing me to swap it out for a Gelid Icy Vision with the original XFX PWM fans cable tied to it.
Both need a good, solid 550Watt PSU with dual 6+2 PCI-E leads to run, don't run them off a cheap no brand part, and don't use molex/PCI-E adaptor cables, if the...
Go for the HD7950, but be aware that:
It's an old card so used ones may be abused or have cooler problems (non working fan/s) so get the vendor to state that the cooler/fans are working correctly and hold onto the reply, you can use it to back up a returns claim later if the vendor has lied.
Both those cards need good coolers to work at their best, from experience I'll advise you to steer clear of the XFX DD coolers-mine kept the card cool enough but sounded like a leafblower causing me to swap it out for a Gelid Icy Vision with the original XFX PWM fans cable tied to it.
Both need a good, solid 550Watt PSU with dual 6+2 PCI-E leads to run, don't run them off a cheap no brand part, and don't use molex/PCI-E adaptor cables, if the current unit doesn't have the right leads it probably doesn't have the output either.

Solution