FX-6300
GA-78LMT-USB3 rev 6.0
Thermaltake TR2 TR-600 600W
Radeon HD 7870 HIS IceQ
Windows 10/Windows 7 -Happens On Both OS
Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4GB)
st3500418AS ATA Device 500GB
Optical Drive

During the summer I experienced a computer that would turn on for a few seconds and then turn off, only to never actually boot. I ordered new parts and fixed this issue. Now I have another separate issue. Playing games, some games will flicker with white boxes for a moment before "not responding", blackscreening, or crashing altogether. I have tested this and it has happened on a very broad amount of games. It seems that it doesn't occur as much with low-resource games.

I have checked temperatures during running games, and during idle and they're both BELOW what is considered "hot". I have rolled back my drivers, experiencing the same issues. Current drivers, and beta drivers all show me the same fate. This is the driver crash that I get, "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I would appreciate any help with this issue.

effancy

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
I went through and deleted the registry values and wiped my entire computer regarding the drivers. And I only want to downclock at last resort, because I could've bought a much cheaper card and gotten the performance I will if I downclock. I want to see if I can fix this issue in a different way first.

Well actually to me your problem sounds like asking for RMA. Downclocking the memory a bit might not affect performance much. But if you have to downlclock your card to make it work I think that's already warrant for RMA because it does not work at it's advertised speed.