Need a $157 [INR 10,000] MoBo for I7 4790 [non-k] & gtx 970

AeonXS

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
As the title suggest i need a good mobo that can handle the load of i7 4790 & GTX 970, sadly due to imports in india the prices are $20-30 more in here. I did list Asus z97-k, z97-c & z97 pro gamer as they fit the bill but the first two have low ratings on newegg. And pro gamer has barely 49 reviews. This is my first time going for something heavy as an i7 & a card like gtx970.

Due to budget constrains i need a good mobo for the above mentioned price. It should not die because of load or have some dead ram slots please help need to make my Rig Asap. Thank you for going through my query.

Edit - Oh and i need a good cooler that can work with a LG 1150 Socket Mobo, Cooler master hyper TX3 does not support this socket as some other ones. So please suggest a cooler for $55 max.

Solution
The H97 supports anything processor wise but does not support SLI it's the limitation of the chip set, if you think you will run 2 cards in the future then get the Z97 also buy a big enough power supply to run 2 cards now instead of buying one now then adding another card having to get a new power supply then.
The S processors is not something I would recommend for gaming or editing the regular or K version has better performance.

AeonXS

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
H97 has three models. The h97me h97 plus and h97 pro. Though a youtuber was saying only h97 plus is a good board the other 2 are not of good quality. Another thing did you mean z97 pro gamer ? I don't plan on overclocking anything so is the z97 series good. And if the budget does not allow me to get a z97 pro gamer. Then is a asus h97 plus or h97 pro a worry free purchase.

What about that cooler master hyper 212 cooler ? Will it support this lga-1150 socket ? I plan on buying either corsair carbide spec 02 or 03 cabinet so will those cooler be compatible with it ?

AeonXS

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
The H97 Pro Gamer does not support SLI but Z97 Pro gamer does. So if the price difference is marginal, is Z97 Pro gamer a better choice ?

Or is it like Z97 Pro gamer only supports a overclockable CPU & not the normal i7 4790 or 4790s.

Another thing should i go for 4790 or 4790S ? Is 4790S good for gaming on ultra & video editing & conversion ? Since it uses low power

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
The H97 supports anything processor wise but does not support SLI it's the limitation of the chip set, if you think you will run 2 cards in the future then get the Z97 also buy a big enough power supply to run 2 cards now instead of buying one now then adding another card having to get a new power supply then.
The S processors is not something I would recommend for gaming or editing the regular or K version has better performance.

Solution

AeonXS

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
Keep this thread, i may have some things to ask before i finalize my rig. I am not going for the skylake series as it does not come with a stock cooler further i have to spend $100 for two more coolers one to put over the proc. & one to keep it cool.

And yes how do i find this forum on tapatalk phone app ?