fx 6300 overclocking on 760g chipset

Sameer25

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
i own a msi 760gma p34(fx) motherboard. i picked it because it is 20$ cheaper then a 970 chipset. i just want to know what is the highest safest overclock i could get with my fx 6300 and stock cooler on the msi 760gma p34 (fx). i know 760g chipset isnt made for overclocking a fx. but the msi has a oc genie. can someone look at the specs and tell me the safest oc can get (even go to like 3.6 3.7 3.8 or 3.9 ghz) they build guild i am going off of is here and the person said the motherboard can do a light oc please watch from 0:31 to 0:50 :??:(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDUNIaYvmNU&list=PLEtmXKwyxjjCl1_haxG7fciZAmTreoo3w&index=9)

Solution

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
That board has a 4+1 power phase and no heatsinks on the VRAMs. Not only that you have a stock cooler. You may be able to go up to 3.6 ghz or so, but for what, you would probably never notice it. Based on the build you linked you have a very small powersupply that is not a high tier one on top of that which is also terrible for overclocking. Just because the board has OC Genie or other tools like that doesn't mean they will work well or you can use them. Usually those auto OC tools just make the board unstable.

Nobody can tell you what the max safe overclock is every chip is different and some can handle more than others, in your case you have the worst combination for overclocking, and you're asking for instability. I highly recommend against any overclocking with this setup.

Sameer25

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015

I just want to beat the i5 750 at 3.7 ghz or get till the fx6350 or get a score on cinebench 11 over 4.8. Is a 4.8 score not overclock possible with a fx6300
Is there something else I could do to get higher gta v fps cause of cpu bottleneck

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I (and nobody) could tell you exactly what your scores would be with this setup. I looked on CPU boss and it says the 6300 should do a 4.9 in cinebench so if thats all you care about you're covered stock. And as I said, you have a very bad setup for overclocking, I would NOT do it at all. EVen if you could get it to overclock a little the performance increase would be negligible. There really is no other way to remove a CPU bottleneck other than overclocking or buying a new CPU.

Solution