850 evo ssd questions regarding rapid mode?

G

i have my ssd configured with maximum performance in os optimization along with rapid mode enabled, and over provisioning.. is this ok? or can i not use rapid mode with maximum performance..

sorry couldnt find any info on google or the stupid manual

Solution
G

thank you! im installing now, removing the Op, i heard rapid mode is still enabled after you uninstal? is this true?

I have tried both, and came away a bit bothered.
Maximum performance impacts several things, some of which I want.
I think disabling system restore might have been one.
Rapid mode is another.
I thought there were too many hooks into windows for me to be comfortable with.
The only performance must have is to get defrag disabled. When you run the windows WEI, it makes windows recognize that you have a ssd and defrag is disabled.
Past that, there is little performance optimization that is of any import.

G

thats troubling, even with a 5 year warranty. so what just disable rapid and leave it on optimize for reliability or dont use the os optimization at all?

I uninstalled Samsung magician.
If I ever need it's function, I can download and install a current version.

SSD optimizations were useful when 40gb was the size and the pergb price was high.
That is no longer applicable. Buy a ssd large enough to have 20% free space and no optimization is really necessary, and you don't need to worry about it.

I uninstalled Samsung magician.
If I ever need it's function, I can download and install a current version.

SSD optimizations were useful when 40gb was the size and the pergb price was high.
That is no longer applicable. Buy a ssd large enough to have 20% free space and no optimization is really necessary, and you don't need to worry about it.

G

thank you! im installing now, removing the Op, i heard rapid mode is still enabled after you uninstal? is this true?

Solution

I don't think so.
But, if you have any indication that rapid mode is still active, I would like to know.
Are you possibly thinking if Intel smart response cacheing which does something similar.

G

i cleared the Op, disabled rapid mode via the application gui. there was no way to restore to default os optimization from maximum performance so i hope that clears as well.. im not sure theres a clear way for me to check. i really hope my drive is operating normally.. :/ guess i should of came here instead of assuming the program made for the device would help lol

G

ill have to look into intel smart reponse cacheing.. although i currently dont run any intel products in my home it be nice to know more