Solved

help with selecting parts for gaming computer and saving money?

I have been looking for components to build a gaming computer this will be my first time with this and I am looking for help on selecting components and saving money. I defiantly want to get an i7 4790k processor and possibly a gtx 970 gpu. which gtx 970 gpu should I get which is a good price and has a good performance? also help selecting cheap things like mobo, psu, hdd and ram that will all be reliable and compatible? any help will be greatly appreciated.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about selecting parts gaming computer saving money
  1. Best answer
    You can save money by:

    Don't save by buying a cheap PSU, it's not worth it! You can look up how much your build will consume by inserting the components at pcpartpicker.

    btw: There is only one kind of Maxwell GTX 970 GPU, but the GPU comes in different packages (ASUS Strix, MSI...)

    Hf!
  2. P3ric said:
    You can save money by:

    Don't save by buying a cheap PSU, it's not worth it! You can look up hwo much your build will consume by inserting the components at pcpartpicker.

    btw: There is only one kind of Maxwell GTX 970 GPU, but the GPU comes in different packages (ASUS Strix, MSI...)

    Hf!

    which brand would u suggest for the gpu ?gtx970?
  3. I'm gonna buy the ASUS Strix. It has silent coolers, performs slightly faster and has a shiny backplate (unlike the MSI, which is more popular). If you want to spend less, go for the Palit Xpertvision
  4. Jimmy Burrell said:
    I have been looking for components to build a gaming computer this will be my first time with this and I am looking for help on selecting components and saving money. I defiantly want to get an i7 4790k processor and possibly a gtx 970 gpu. which gtx 970 gpu should I get which is a good price and has a good performance? also help selecting cheap things like mobo, psu, hdd and ram that will all be reliable and compatible? any help will be greatly appreciated.


    you have a max budget? or do you want that i7 (waste for gaming) + 970 for sure?
  5. maxalge said:
    Jimmy Burrell said:
    I have been looking for components to build a gaming computer this will be my first time with this and I am looking for help on selecting components and saving money. I defiantly want to get an i7 4790k processor and possibly a gtx 970 gpu. which gtx 970 gpu should I get which is a good price and has a good performance? also help selecting cheap things like mobo, psu, hdd and ram that will all be reliable and compatible? any help will be greatly appreciated.


    you have a max budget? or do you want that i7 (waste for gaming) + 970 for sure?

    defo want i7 cause ill be using it for Photoshop and multi tasking and max about £800
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming PCs Components Graphics