FX-8320 gets 65 C temp when i play battlefield 4

Victor0317

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015
my FX-8320 is getting around 65 C temp when i play BF4. is it normal? i got a NZXT T40 on it, i don't want it to be overheated. the truth is i left it overnight to download advanced warfare, and when i play BF4, it gets around 60-65 C. when i surfing internet, it only gets around 20 C to 35 C. tell me what to do please

Solution

That is totally fine, what graphics settings do you usually play at? do you have the stock fan for the cpu? There is no need to worry, the time to worry is when it is getting over 75, 75 is not ideal but if it reaches to 80 degrees that is a very dangerous zone. If you are worried about the temperature try and upgrade the stock fan, if you don't know what fan to get just ask me for some recommendations :)

Cazauxx

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015
This is normal don't worry.
Mine runs hotter sometimes
But thats due to me using the Intel stock fan.

Worry about it when it gets past 70c

If your worried about temperature purchase a aftermarket cooler like the Hyper 212 Evo

30 - 35 degrees on idle is perfect!
On some computers it sits on 40 degrees

Swagrid

Honorable
Aug 6, 2015

That is totally fine, what graphics settings do you usually play at? do you have the stock fan for the cpu? There is no need to worry, the time to worry is when it is getting over 75, 75 is not ideal but if it reaches to 80 degrees that is a very dangerous zone. If you are worried about the temperature try and upgrade the stock fan, if you don't know what fan to get just ask me for some recommendations :)

Solution

Victor0317

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015

i'm a serious person, so i will play those games that i love on highest setting that i can get. my cpu fan is not the stock fan. it's NZXT T40 i bought it seperately

Swagrid

Honorable
Aug 6, 2015

Yeah that's fine man, if you wanted it cooler the only thing you could is get a better heat sink and better airflow n your case. But there's nothing wrong with 65 degrees. If you get to near eighty I would suggest stop the game and get a better heat sync with new thermal compound and make sure it's on correctly (not too much not too little just about a pea size and maybe a tiny bit more but not too much). But first check the clock speed of your cores you may not need them so high or as many cores working so you can lock one or two of them to lower the temp.

Swagrid

Honorable
Aug 6, 2015

Are you using the stock CPU fan? I recently changed it and I have seen a 8 degrees cooler difference than the stock (and it was cheap, only £17) I recommend getting a better heat sink, playing games with an AMD CPU especially the 8350 pretty hot. Its not terrible temperatures but it isn't good, all you need to do is to get a better heatsink and apply thermal compound correctly on it and that will solve the problem.

Victor0317

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015

not the stock fan, NZXT T40

Victor0317

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015
i'll get a new FX 8350 with a new cooler around december to february. but i wonder between hyper 212 evo and corsair h55 or h75. some topic said they recommend hyper 212 evo but some said they recommend liquid cooling. i cannot decide. also, when i get an FX 8350, i may need to overclock it so which one should i get?

Swagrid

Honorable
Aug 6, 2015

If you plan to overclock you may need to use water cooling. Although mentioning this some people still use air cooling with air cooling (Good air heatsinks), If you are not going to max out your cpu the maximum overclock I recommend just get a good air heatsink, if so get water cooling. Water cooling though is a bit of a task, it looks nice, offers good cooling but can be tricky and one slip up when installing can cause your pc to malfunction (seal may not be on correctly and cause leaks).

My friend has the EVO 212 and it is good enough, it helps decrease temps. I think you should evaluate the pro's and con's of water-cooling and if you choose water cooling I recommend looking up tutorials and test on an old system (if possible) to make sure you know what you are doing which will help your confidence. You will also need to maintain it by replacing the water from 3 - 6 months especially if you use dyes in it as it can clump up over time in the tubes (red dye is the most common to do this).

Personally water cooling may be a bit too much, you will just need sufficient cooling in your fan (good intake and exhausts fans and enough of them) and a good CPU heatsink. Incase if you don't want to fully customise your system for water-cooling you can get a prebuilt liquid heatsink for the CPU. Corsair is a good one, they have the Hydro series like the H80i just make sure you would find one compatible with the AMD 8350 socket (AM3+).

Overall water cooling can be better than air cooling but comes with some risks and take more maintenance, depending on how you want to overclock, money, how bothered you are to clean out and maintain your pc regularly. All these things should determine what you would want, I would only recommend water-cooling if you are serious about overclocking and will make sure you assemble everything correctly and clean it out.

Also this is a website that shows your heatsink, as you can see you are getting lower than these temperatures. = https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NZXT/Respire_T40/6.html

Victor0317

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015

well i don't want the maximum overclock tho. i checked on some games and those games that require FX 8350 to play the game on high shown that FX 8350 is just like about 95% of recommand, so i'd like to make it 100% for thoe games, so i'm just planning to overclock it for like 5% or 10%, so i think i'll get the hyper 212 evo for cheap price then

Victor0317

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015
also, i wanna ask that is the hyper 212 evo support 2 dual fans (push - pull) and if yes, how do i get a second fan and how do i install it? because seems like it only has 1 fan comes with the hyper 212 evo, the one that can snap on the heatsink and i'm afraid that if i buy a 2nd fan seperately, i don't know how to attach it because there's no snapper clip or i couldn't screw it in either (i've seen the hyper 212 evo)

Swagrid

Honorable
Aug 6, 2015

Remember a lot of games you will be playing with be dependant on the GPU, the 8350 will be able to handle it. Open world games depends on mainly CPU but again the 8350 will be able to deal with it.

Push n pull: http://www.overclock.net/t/1199135/hyper-212-testing-push-vs-pull-vs-push-pull-also-horizontal-vs-vertical-positioning

You will have to look online about how to install it, I would help but I have never installed a hypo eve 212 and with two before. Up above though is a link saying if it is worth it. But what I have gathered it is not that hard to set up, but as you can tell by the link you can do it.