Is my i5 3340 (3.1 GHz ) bottlenecking my gtx 780

Solution
GTA 5 is a very taxing game, so not sure that's abnormal. But what are your CPU temperatures while you're playing? I'm wondering if high CPU temperatures are forcing your CPU to throttle itself.

Nicolay

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015

just plated witcher 3 i was running across Novigrad most demanding cpu area in whole game
my cpu temperature was around 66 C
update shadowplay was on

Nicolay

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015

can you reccomend me cpu please
i want to buy Intel Core i5-4690K is it enough not to bottleneck my gtx 780

Nicolay

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015

Yeah it didnt help me

Question: If you have shadow play off, does the CPU still max out? After you check, could you remove and reinstall the drivers in the following manner?

Download and run DDU (display drivers uninstaller)
Reboot
Download and install latest drivers.
Reboot

Now replay the game? Is the issue better, worse or the same?

Nicolay

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015

ok i will try

and shadow play doesnt affect cpu at all (i checked)

From uninstalling drivers with DDU and reinstalling drivers? Really?

Any chance that you have an infection on this system? If any doubt, run ADWcleaner and Combofix. Both utilities will most likely reboot your computer, so make sure that your work and browser tabs are saved.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

Nicolay

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015

already did checked my pc everything is fine

I don't think that's necessary because of the CPU overutilization/ GPU underutilization and now blue screens. There just seems to be some software instability. There is a utility called Blue Screen View, that's good at looking at the mini dump reports that are generated during a blue screen, but it would be more helpful to run those anti-virus utilities first. All this behavior in your system is suspicious. Hopefully I'm wrong and there is no infection, but I'd like to be sure.