Best $1000 Budget PC?

asirek

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015
Hello, I am a college kid that really does not know anything about computers and I am looking to build a really nice gaming tower. I am looking to have a build that can run next gen games like Fallout 4 on max settings. I really cannot go over $1000 but I can be flexible if it is worth it.

This should be a good build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gbdPBm

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($202.95 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($78.30 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($77.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Sandisk Solid State Drive 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.80 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card ($304.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($74.70 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.89 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit) ($86.75 @ OutletPC)
Total: $999.35

Do you need a monitor?

Solution

There are a couple compatibility problems there. Are you able to assure that they won't be problems?
There also isn't an operating system in that build. Unless asirek has one?

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Luca, it doesn't list problems. It's just not able to recognise if the GPU fits in the case. However it will in the case. The bigger problem is that the case is out of stock for good.

Your build is ok but some poor decisions on the HDD, case and SSD for example.

NormH

Distinguished
you can either get a different compatible case or remove one of the drive bays which you should not need any way. there are 13 total and you will never use them all. the 212 evo fits almost all cases but they can not verify that it works because they haven't built one in that case themselves.

NormH

Distinguished
the hdd is a long time staple in many builds... it has the fastest rpm, largest cache and in all of my personal and family/friend builds have never had one crap out before a new build was warranted. the ssd i went with what im using in my build and it works great. as far as the case you can add http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-300rwindowed for an extra 25 or so dollars and will have no compatibility issues

Generally, if you have an SSD, it's been recommended that lower RPM hard drives be used since they won't really need to run quickly as the main drive is the SSD.
That's my personal preference.

Of course... if you noticed in my current build I have a 7200 RPM with my SSD :)

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

The WD Caviar Blue 7200 RPM is, the WD Green 1TB 5400 RPM really isn't. Maybe you are not aware?

Also the SSD, not recommended. Either poor build quality (They can die quickly on you), or slow speed.

NormH

Distinguished

WTF are you talking about.... i listed a seagate not WD and have never once in my years recommended a WD green.

He was talking to me, mate :) Don't worry

asirek

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015

I will want one

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
So why did you downvote Archaic's post? If you don't read the rules and don't intend to co-operate, then don't post. List all the things that you need, and not this basic replying for anyone that is willing to put in an effort to suggest a build:

Do you need a monitor?
Do you need an OS?
Do you use a DVD Drive, yes or no?
Do you need a mouse/keyboard?
Which resolution will you be playing at, and how much FPS?

If you don't answer ANY of these, prepare to be not satisfied with your END product.