FX 8350 MOBO FOR OC: v formula z OR sabertooth 990fx?

LukeKerman

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
hey, im between Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z and Asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0
i prefer only asus mobo's because im very happy from my experience on them.
so i heard that crosshair has some issues but i a great mobo for this chip. but asus sabertooth is great for oc too and costs less. can someone help me decide? im afraid of bying crosshair because of the reported issues... has anyione used it? thank you :)

PS idont mind if sabertooth mobo is ugly, dont point that as a con :p

Solution
From what I have read the Crosshair is hard to use as it is purely for sky high overclocking, so it is a bit rough on the edges. the sabertooth is cheaper, and for all intensive purposes is great and the same, if you want to LN2 overclock, then get the crosshair, if not get the sabertooth.
From what I have read the Crosshair is hard to use as it is purely for sky high overclocking, so it is a bit rough on the edges. the sabertooth is cheaper, and for all intensive purposes is great and the same, if you want to LN2 overclock, then get the crosshair, if not get the sabertooth.

Solution

LukeKerman

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
thank you for the quick answer, o i dont want to go with liquid nitrogen.... im not that intrested :p
so ill go with sabertooth! one last question about sabertoth; does it have tough vrms so i can mess up with the volts? thanks again!