980 superclocked sli vs 970 superclocked sli vs 980 ti

MichaelKerr98

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Help I cant decide in between the 980 sc sli /970 sc sli /980 ti . Is the extra vram worth it over the 980 sc sli and does the 970 sc sli have the sli problems like i heard ? Thanks Let me know all you can and the pros and cons of both.

Solution
I would say, go with single card solution as long as it fits your needs. Its always better than dual cards, need less power and generate less heat. But most importantly, not all games or applications are equally good with dual cards and some even may not support. For actual mainstream title, this is no problem.

Best value for the performance would be sli 970s, but they are not future proof as a single 980 Ti I would say. You can combine another 980 Ti later and still have 6gb instead of (even crippled version of) 4gb. If you are still looking for a system, then I suggest to get a power supply with enough wattage delivery for dual overclocked 980 Ti, just in case that you will add another and even overclock them. Don't buy cheap psu...

MichaelKerr98

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015

Dual monitor 1080 or one 1440 and one 1080. And budget doesn't matter just not two 980 ti. And max settings. And specs I dont have any im currently looking for parts but starting with the gpu.

My vote: single GTX 980 Ti. Technically two 980's in SLI would beat the performance of a single 980 Ti. However I just don't think the GTX 980 (non-Ti) represents a good value since the introduction of the Ti.

By the way "budget doesn't matter" is a dangerous phrase on this site. People here would have no problem helping you figure out how to spend a spare $5,000 burning a hole in your pocket.

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
I would say, go with single card solution as long as it fits your needs. Its always better than dual cards, need less power and generate less heat. But most importantly, not all games or applications are equally good with dual cards and some even may not support. For actual mainstream title, this is no problem.

Best value for the performance would be sli 970s, but they are not future proof as a single 980 Ti I would say. You can combine another 980 Ti later and still have 6gb instead of (even crippled version of) 4gb. If you are still looking for a system, then I suggest to get a power supply with enough wattage delivery for dual overclocked 980 Ti, just in case that you will add another and even overclock them. Don't buy cheap psu. It is the heart of the system, pumping the power directly to motherboard, cpu and graphics card.

:D

Solution